News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 College Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, February 17, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

The Big Ten...did not have a good day.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

here is an interesting stat I read on another forum

QuoteCurrent streak of not losing a game by more than 2 TDs in the SEC:
Arkansas - 0
Ole Miss - 0
South Carolina - 1
Tennessee - 2
Mizzou - 3
Florida - 3
Auburn - 4
Vandy - 4
Texas A&M - 4
UGA - 8
Miss St - 11
LSU - 14
Bama - 165

that is to any team now, not just SEC

now another thing I found interesting the next team in the NCAA was Wisconsin at 43 games, the team that last beat them bad?

:D

I know this wont last forever, so i am gonna enjoy this :)

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

This place is about as dead as Michigan was in the first quarter yesterday lol

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/1046181007362314241

TheNorm

...and last but not least, proud brother moment here. My brother is one of the video editors for MGoBlueTV in the athletics department. He's been doing these for a few years, so now I'm gonna start sharing them here...he even won an Emmy a couple of years ago for the work he did on the Inside Michigan Football cold open when Harbaugh was hired.

https://twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1046204254506160128

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/137780643[/vimeo]

thaima1shu

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 30, 2018, 12:33:34 PM
...and last but not least, proud brother moment here. My brother is one of the video editors for MGoBlueTV in the athletics department. He's been doing these for a few years, so now I'm gonna start sharing them here...he even won an Emmy a couple of years ago for the work he did on the Inside Michigan Football cold open when Harbaugh was hired.

https://twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1046204254506160128

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/137780643[/vimeo]

Awesome congrats

rollntider

rollntider

rollntider

If you want to know about the Jalen Hurts saga and how Bama is where it is, this guy gives an insight that the media doesnt mention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y0hMU34ABw

rollntider

Frank Diaz from Last chance U Season 3 now hired by FAU and Lane Kiffin

rollntider

What rivalry game do you guys  miss. It could be a game that is no longer played? or a game that is no longer a spotlight game because one team has fell on hard times.

Here are some of mine:

Nebraska Oklahoma - Loved that game every year
Texas vs A&M - same
Auburn Tennessee - same
and one due to one team falling on hard times
Bama Tennessee

Crewe

Definitely Texas v A&M. F*ck Texas, seriously

TheNorm

This one hurts, but: Michigan v. ohio State.