News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Top 5 Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 30, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Yeah, I really can't top any of those...if Michael Corleone settling all family business qualified that would probably be my number one, but other than that...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Somebody find a prize for Crewe! He won!

Crewe

oh come now fellas, what about Road to Perdition? Millers Crossing? Big Pussy on the Sopranos, the elevator scene in The Departed, Sollozo and McCluskey, Depp's Dillinger, Carlito's Way, St. Valentines Day Massacre, the bat scene in Untouchables  :D
Seriously though, I know, I did sorta take the best ones. My bad.
Norm, top 5 is yours again lol

BojackHorsefella

I thought about Departed but it just didn't hold up. As much as I loved Road To Perdition as a kid, it feels sort of campy, schlocky now.

Maybe Scarface? I dunno

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 12, 2018, 03:00:24 AM
I thought about Departed but it just didn't hold up. As much as I loved Road To Perdition as a kid, it feels sort of campy, schlocky now.

Maybe Scarface? I dunno

Really?Ive only seen it once wen it came out, maybe Ill have to give it another look, I dont recall feeling that way about it.

TheNorm

Wasn't really sure about asking this one because I'm not sure how into the MCU everyone here is, but here goes: Your Top 5 movies in the MCU (so far)?

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Black Panther
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 16, 2018, 07:31:21 PM
Wasn't really sure about asking this one because I'm not sure how into the MCU everyone here is, but here goes: Your Top 5 movies in the MCU (so far)?

3. Black Panther
4. The Avengers

I'm not even sure I've seen five MCU flicks, so I'll just name the ones I've seen and liked enough to list....
Your numbers 1, 2 and 5

BojackHorsefella

Haven't seen BP yet, so:

1. Winter Soldier
2. The First Avenger
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Spiderman Homecoming

rollntider

Your Top 5 movies in the MCU (so far)?

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. The Avengers
4. Hulk (the one with Edward Norton)
5. Iron Man (first one)

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 10, 2018, 02:47:33 PM
umm,

1 Tiger Woods wins a major
2 Pats win another and I hemorrhage
3 Womens US hockey team wins gold
4 Astros repeat
5 Vegas Knights make a splash in the playoffs ala SJ Sharks way back when

It was a stress inducing affair the whole night, but...
https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/966572731029270528

:woot:

Crewe

thaima1shu

Little late but MCU movies:

1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Thor: Ragnarok
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. The Avengers

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on February 16, 2018, 07:31:21 PM

3. Black Panther
4. The Avengers

Updating this after my second Black Panther viewing.

1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. The Avengers

Wakanda Forever.

TheNorm

Your Top 5 favorite songs from the decade you grew up in...this should be fun.

1980s

1. Prince - Controversy
2. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
3. The Police - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
4. Wham! - Freedom
5. Debbie Gibson - Only in My Dreams

...and hey, music people: friend of mine tipped me off to another project that I think would work well here...I'll post it in a bit so be on the lookout. :)

BojackHorsefella

So, the 2000s were both my really formative years (all of high school, bit of college, first job, kid, marriage) so...I'm going to go with those. In no particular order:

#1- Marilyn Manson - Coma White
#2- Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been
#3 - Linkin Park - P5hng Me A_wy
#4 - The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
#5 - Valencia - Free

It was tough, but I couldn't put Kanye on this list. I liked and listened to Kanye, but as much as I did love 808s, at this time I didn't appreciate it like I do now.

Also very hard to leave off Tool and A Perfect Circle, but, had to be done. Adema as well, Hoobastank and Lost Prophets.

And it was very hard to not just make a list that was entirely Manson or NiN. I wanted to cover the full stretch and chart the change in style.