News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 Pro Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, March 10, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Am I the only one that hasn't watched a halftime show in 30 years?

Crewe

by the way, I didn't have a dog in this fight. I didn't want to see Brady hoist his 6th, but years ago I just had to accept him winning. I would have liked to see Wade Phillips get another ring but otherwise I was indifferent.
That said, I think the folks who say that game was boring are the epitome of everything wrong with the NFL.
They want the scoreboard lit up and the sheriff does and has done everything in his power to make that happen.
I love a defensive struggle and I hope we get more and more of em and the fact that casual observers have a stroke about it truly cheers me up.

BojackHorsefella

Yeah, a defensive struggle would be ok, but the Rams just look outmatched the whole time. I mean, they punted how many times? It's not like it was drives ended by turnovers or a bad sack or something like that. They just looked completely inept.

At one point, the game devolved into "ok, it's going to Edelman and only Edelman, can you stop us?" That's backyard football. I didn't sign up for Super Bowl Edelman or Super Bowl Hekker, but that's what we got.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 04, 2019, 04:41:52 PM
Yeah, a defensive struggle would be ok, but the Rams just look outmatched the whole time. I mean, they punted how many times? It's not like it was drives ended by turnovers or a bad sack or something like that. They just looked completely inept.

At one point, the game devolved into "ok, it's going to Edelman and only Edelman, can you stop us?" That's backyard football. I didn't sign up for Super Bowl Edelman or Super Bowl Hekker, but that's what we got.

They looked inept because they were outcoached and outlplayed.
The Patriots always throw to Edelman. They started that way back with the slippery little shit Wes Welker. That West Coast drag across the middle is what they do and have always done. So yea, find a way to stop it.