News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2014

Started by TheNorm, August 10, 2015, 12:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So it's been a couple of years since the last NCAA Football release, and you know what? I miss the game coming out.

While I fully admit that after a little while it got pretty easy to nitpick faults with the game (and there were quite a few), there really was nothing else that brought the college football experience to consoles. And if some of you were like me (I have a feeling you are), you've been playing EA's college football release since it started on the Genesis as Bill Walsh College Football. I'm certain I picked the game up every year it was released, and had a field day with them - especially once you could start your own dynasty and recruit your own players.

Now that I'm getting the itch to fire this game up again, it's good to know that the community at Operation Sports has been working on updating rosters for this upcoming football season. I think once that's ready (and at this point they're just tweaking rosters to what's been going on over the last few days of camp), I'm grabbing that roster and doing something I haven't been able to do in a couple of years: fire up a dynasty with Michigan and Jim Harbaugh at the helm, ready to take on a Big Ten that is loaded with some top notch teams and my Wolverines not quite ready for prime time (yet). Sure, I'll need to do a bit of work to realign the conferences to what they are now (luckily there's a guide over at OS on how to do that too), and unfortunately a playoff in dynasty is out of the question...but I just need my video game college football fix again.

And also, if you still have your copy for the PS3 and want to play a random online game sometime, hit me up. :)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I miss it too, and what makes it worse is that Madden is annual crap which means i havent had a football game in some time now and it appears it wont change.
I know there has to be more to why not, but i just dont see why they cant create a new game, strip it of everything NCAA and let the community customize.
Id have a hard time believing that wouldnt sell as well or better

TheNorm

So EA posted to their NCAA Football Facebook page today for the first time since 2014. Cryptic, but possibly telling...  :popcorn:

https://www.facebook.com/easportsncaafootball/videos/10153974375972280/?theater
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Man i hope so. Too late for this year, but i sill dont see why they cant strip everything NCAA out and let the community customize. Thats pretty much done anyway

TheNorm

Meh, supposedly a very poorly timed post/false alarm...for now.

https://twitter.com/owengood/status/686594695191990272

Crewe

The optimistic me doesnt see a connection to the game tonight, so....  :popcorn:

Crewe

I bet even norm would get behind this sweater vested sissy on this one   ;)

rollntider

I think if they offered each team $500 for each player and a copy of the game. The NCAA a waiver would have to be granted and then we could have football back on the PS4/Xbox1

the problem is that we are talking about 5.1 million just to the players if EA pays it. So then we are talking power 5 conferences teams only may make the team ( I enjoy taking a West Kentucky to the title game)

Also no more exclusives. I liked it better when we had 2  or 3 different choices of NCAA game to play.

TheNorm

Herbie's one of the few that I don't mind...especially considering he was forced to move from his shithole of a state because he dared to actually be objective in his job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/relentless-buckeye-fans-have-driven-kirk-herbstreit-from-ohio?urn=ncaaf,wp39

Crewe

I knew you didnt mind him, just wanted to throw a dig out there  ;)
Ive always liked him and I just dont get why people expect formers to cater to them in such a setting. Well, i do understand it, i just cant believe they are so shallow.
Friend of mine hates Aikman because he, "hates the Cowboys"
No, he hates bad teams, and they are a bad team....

rollntider

I like Herbie also, he is very open and does not drink the kool - aid

TheNorm

Finally downloaded the 2015 roster, and it's pretty damn good. But damn, going back to PS3 after playing PS4 for months is an adjustment. Those graphics we all thought looked cutting edge and amazing a few years ago...yeah now, not so much. Game still plays a great game of football though.

Crewe

14 was on ps4 wasn't it, or no? Can't remember

TheNorm

It was not. That game arrived a few months before the PS4 dropped.