News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 pro football thread

Started by rollntider, February 09, 2020, 11:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

yea, he will, but you know who is climbing up the ladder of shitty GM's? Bill O'Brien.
Back to Jones though; you know, I've always said that I thought Jerry was a solid owner but a terrible GM. I honestly don't think he will be too bad this drat and lets not kid ourselves, there's no way that his kid won't be in constant contact with him throughout. I'v softened on Stephen Jones over the years, he seems to have more sense than his dad.

TheNorm

To be honest, looking at it Dallas made a decent pick-one hell of a weapon to add on offense in CeeDee Lamb. They could actually be decent this coming season if there is one (but still, as always: f*ck the Cowboys).

Thought I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Rodgers would really like it if Green Bay drafted a skill position in the first...hahahaha how's your eventual replacement sound chief? Even traded a 4th rounder away to move a few spots up.

As for the Lions, they didn't botch their number 3 pick since it looks like no teams made an official offer to trade up. I personally would've preferred ATH/OLB Isaiah Simmons out of Clemson because I think he's gonna be something special, but Jeff Okudah's also going to be a great CB. The Lions as usual have quite a few needs and Okudah fills one of them. The key for the team moving forward will be to not screw up Day 2 and 3 (fat chance of that happening, this front office blows). But hey, at least Quinn didn't select "Mark All Emails As Read" for the number 3 pick, so there's hope for the Pats wannabe.

Amazed that no RBs came off the board until the last pick of the first round (even with the league becoming more pass heavy, it's a shock to me), but KC snagged a good one in Edwards-Helaire out of LSU.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yea I was happy with the pick. A comment made me chuckle about this pick;
40 burgers, lets goooo lol
Still, I'm a believer in slow steady offense and a stifling defense, so while I'm optimistic, lack of d always hurts..

I didn't like packers pick at all

It's tough when you have a ton of needs. I remember when JJ finally picked a cornerstone CB in Newman years ago. By the time other quality players were found, Newman career was over lol

The RBdidnt surprise me too much.. I mean they are a dime a dozen now so why waste a first rounder..
Unless you find a guy like Zeke, so what do I know lol

TheNorm

*EDIT*

Topic moved to Crewe's thread.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

haha, I just posted....lol norm, our timing... :D

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on July 03, 2020, 12:25:20 PM
haha, I just posted....lol norm, our timing... :D

Yeah, I'm gonna merge my post into yours lol.

TheNorm

I remember on a previous version of this board back when Matt Millen was still GM of the Detroit Lions that I finally hit my breaking point and said "fuck it", I'm not watching this team again until Millen's gone.

It's now 2020, and I've hit my breaking point once again: until Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia are fired, I'm out. Not wasting my time on Sunday, not spending another dime on merchandise, I'm done.

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on September 18, 2020, 01:34:48 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-nfl-racial-injustice

Hell of a QB you boys got there, Norm.

Saw him kneeling last Sunday and was damn proud of him for doing so. He'll be the kid I'm most gonna miss watching play until Quinn and Patricia are gone.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on September 18, 2020, 04:09:22 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-nfl-racial-injustice

Saw him kneeling last Sunday and was damn proud of him for doing so. He'll be the kid I'm most gonna miss watching play until Quinn and Patricia are gone.

I celebrated when the Lions drafted him because it meant the Jets wouldn't. I thought Sanchez was the better QB.

I'm a terrible evaluator of talent.

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on September 18, 2020, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on September 18, 2020, 04:09:22 PM

I celebrated when the Lions drafted him because it meant the Jets wouldn't. I thought Sanchez was the better QB.

I'm a terrible evaluator of talent.

Lol, I was wrong about him too. I honestly can't even remember who I thought the Lions should've drafted, but it wasn't a QB. Pretty sure I felt they should go defense or line. I was going to write what I posted on FB the day he was drafted, but their search function sucks.

FB, in general, sucks.

TheNorm

Lions made some history today.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1307773215859671040

Also saw the Falcons blew a big lead and lost...at least it didn't happen in the Super Bowl. That would be embarrassing.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 20, 2020, 05:18:23 PM
Lions made some history today.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1307773215859671040

Also saw the Falcons blew a big lead and lost...at least it didn't happen in the Super Bowl. That would be embarrassing.

<snort chuckle guffaw>

That was a fun game, if you're a football, or cowboy fan.

Re: Lions...I always liked Stafford and he silenced doubters early on in his career, its just sad he won't get a big game chance with the Lions. Not sure how many years he has left, but I dont think Detroit turn in to contenders in that time.

TheNorm

Bingo. He's most likely going to have to go through yet another GM/coaching change, and it sucks. He says all the right things like he never wants to leave here and still wants to try to build a winner here (he'll always have my admiration and respect for that), but if he turned around and demanded a trade tomorrow I'd still be happy for him. He's a gamer, and absolute joy to watch play, and seems a standup guy too. As usual, the Lions for the most part have wasted him.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 21, 2020, 07:23:08 PM
Bingo. He's most likely going to have to go through yet another GM/coaching change, and it sucks. He says all the right things like he never wants to leave here and still wants to try to build a winner here (he'll always have my admiration and respect for that), but if he turned around and demanded a trade tomorrow I'd still be happy for him. He's a gamer, and absolute joy to watch play, and seems a standup guy too. As usual, the Lions for the most part have wasted him.

Yea he's one of the leagues good guys