News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Not sure if unpopular, but let's see:

Robert Pattinson is a modern day young Pacino.

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 08, 2020, 02:48:41 AM
Who?

Seriously :dunno:

Go watch Good Time (free on Prime) and The Lighthouse.

Crewe

yea Lighthouse was on my list but I forgot about it. I need to start notating what films I might like to watch because I see or read about them then forget about it.

Back when I was growing up, it was easier to keep up with what films were out because there weren't seemingly hundreds of them released monthly via different means.
Course, I spent most every waking moment at the movies and/or arcade slash go kart track so I sorta lived it lol

Crewe

I dont knowhow unpopular this opinion is but I just have to say how much I dislike the mundane monotone monotonous jackass that is Joe Buck.

And not to mention repetitive AF. Every QB drop back...

(Dryly) Pass...
is....
caught....

Every
Fucking
Time

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2020, 09:15:50 PM
I dont knowhow unpopular this opinion is but I just have to say how much I dislike the mundane monotone monotonous jackass that is Joe Buck.

And not to mention repetitive AF. Every QB drop back...

(Dryly) Pass...
is....
caught....

Every
Fucking
Time

I go back and forth on this guy. I dunno...I like him better for baseball. But I don't think he's horrible in football either, he's just...there. His monotone kinda works for me in the sense that I think I tune him out in stretches. He doesn't overpower the game for me I guess.

Come to think of it, I really can't think of a PBP guy I don't like nowadays...and as someone that's typically watching the Lions and this last season watching middling Chicago, I'm not getting the top notch announce teams either lol. Now the color guys/sideline people are a different story. If I took a shot every time Collinsworth said "this here's a guy" or Booger McFarland said something completely obvious or stupid, I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning by halftime.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Collinsworth is kinda stale but he can add decent insight imo, but booger? Yea he makes me miss Witten.

Buck adds nothing, guys just dead.

Crewe

Since Im on a C&C kick, Ill add this; years ago when Judd Apatow was being crowned a deity in Hollywood, he was also hailed as one who "brought back the pot movies."
I may be a bit semantic here but this really offends me.
His movies are NOT pot movies. They are movies where the main character happens to smoke pot.
Cheech and Chong movies had none of that bullshit. There movies were built around getting high, everything else was moot.
Any Hollywood chode can write a rom com and add in that the main character smokes dope but that does not make him a savior of the "pot movie" and I duly object  ;) :D

Crewe

never liked him, probably never will, but thats pretty funny

TheNorm

Put together a throwback summer playlist covering the 90s and 2000s (up to 2010). "You Could Be Mine" by Guns N' Roses made the list...and IMO that is their best song.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 24, 2020, 11:07:29 PM
Put together a throwback summer playlist covering the 90s and 2000s (up to 2010). "You Could Be Mine" by Guns N' Roses made the list...and IMO that is their best song.

Not bad, but Rocket Queen and Mr Brownstone are up there for me  :D

BojackHorsefella

Honestly I'm not sure where else this would fit, and I doubt it's unpopular, but why the F is the base amount of bagel bites that come in a package 9? Why not just make it an even 10? Baffling.

Crewe

I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on September 23, 2020, 02:52:46 PM
I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

Was a football Sunday treat as a kid. Pizza rolls and bagel bites. I still eat them occasionally, but far, far less than I did as a kid, haha