News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

NBA 2K20 MyCareer Thread

Started by TheNorm, December 25, 2019, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Currently cruising right along with my Playmaking Shot Creator PG in NBA 2K20, rookie season with my hometown Detroit Pistons (finally!). With a true PG and not a crappy one like the real-life Pistons have in Reggie Jackson, the franchise currently sits at 2nd in the Eastern Conference with a 38-17 record with only one game remaining before the All-Star Break.

Also a first for any of my created MyCareer players, my rookie was named to the Rising Stars Game and is also competing in the Three Point Shootout on All-Star weekend (shooting 42% from 3 will do that). Can't wait to check these out.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Finished with 13 point and 10 assists to help the lead the US squad to a 102-79 victory over the World Squad in the Rising Stars Game. In the 3-point shootout competition, made it to the final round but finished tied for 2nd as Steph Curry (surprise surprise) hit his last two shots to take the victory.
>:(
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Pistons cruised through the second half of the season, but no matter how many wins they collected it seemed Philly was right there with them. The 76ers ended the season as the #1 seed in the East at 61-21, while Detroit finished at #2 with a 59-23 record.

Side note: teams that are overpowered this year are Milwaukee with Giannis (dude's a beast), and the Lakers with Lebron and AD (they blew me out by 40 at Staples, then I needed OT to win by 2 at LCA).

Swept the Celtics in Round 1, and just dreading a 7 game series with the Bucks in round 2...when the Nets without KD upset Milwaukee. While Brooklyn is no pushover with Uncle Drew and Caris Levert, they're still no match for the Pistons (in this world Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose are relatively healthy) who sweep their way into the Eastern Conference Finals to play the top seeded 76ers.

Meanwhile in the West, the top-seeded Lakers seemed poised to annihilate everyone they faced as they swept their first round match and were up 2-0 on Golden State until Anthony Davis suffered an injury and got knocked out for the rest of the playoffs. The Warriors found their form and knocked off the Lakers in six, making this playoffs a wide-open affair.

Up to this point, yours truly was averaging a double-double with 20 points and 12 assists. The 76ers took game 1 at home in a 91-76 beatdown, but the Pistons adjusted their defensive strategy (just sag off of Ben Simmons since he can't shoot) and proceeded to win the next three. The 76ers woke up in Game 5 to send the series back to Detroit for Game 6. The Pistons started off red-hot, scoring 16 of the game's first 18 points and it looked like they would cruise to a blowout victory. Detroit even led by 15 early in the second half, but Philly just wouldn't go away. But clinging to a 1 point lead with a minute left, the rookie PG was able to blow past Ben Simmons, drive the lane, then find a wide open Blake Griffin for the jam. Pistons hold on to win 91-86 and advance to the NBA Finals to face...Kawhi Leonard and the LA Clippers.

TheNorm

Been awhile since I've updated this thread, and I'm sure you've all been curious to see what happened next lol.

Pistons went on to defeat the Claw and the Los Angeles Clippers in five games to win their first championship since 2004, and my player ended up resigning with the defending champs on a max deal (although I didn't win Finals MVP even after averaging near a double/double for the entire playoffs, that honor went to Andre Drummond...lol ok). Detroit did not resign weak ass PG Reggie Jackson, so I am the undisputed starter at the 1 (as it should be, Reggie sucks). In a mildly head scratching move, Carmelo Anthony signed a deal with Detroit so the front court is Drummond/Blake Griffin/and Melo at the 3. Curious to see how this plays out if I ever get around to firing it up again...just like in 2K19 though, I'm finding the thought of defending the title not as interesting as playing for one, which leads me to my next project.

After watching the first couple episodes of ESPN's The Last Dance this past weekend, I decided to make a playoffs bracket with the Top 8 all-time squads from each conference. Lakers were an easy 1 seed in the West (and good lord that team is stacked, with no one in the top 7 below a 95 and their starting 5 all rated 96 and up), and the Celtics likewise in the East while the Bulls were a 2 seed. The Pistons are a 5 seed and going up against the all-time Knicks squad at the 4 seed, with guys like Earl "The Pearl" Monroe and Bernard King coming off the bench. Pulled off a Game 1 victory thanks in part to Grant Hill's 22 points (nice to figure out fast that he was quick and could attack the rim while also having some range from beyond the arc...like a KD before KD). But the Knicks are no slouch though, as Ewing makes scoring in the paint tough. Curious to see how simming all of this (other than the Pistons anyway) all plays out.

Crewe

I bought this one some time ago when it was dirt cheap and I'm just unable to master the mechanics

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on April 24, 2020, 08:59:07 AM
I bought this one some time ago when it was dirt cheap and I'm just unable to master the mechanics

Go to the 2KU section and practice there whenever you feel like you want to try something new. To be honest, I went there for the basics: dribble, pass, shoot, defend (don't bother trying to learn to take a charge, haven't seen one called in 19 or 20 lol). Did most of that and learned some dribble moves and that's more than enough for me.

Crewe

Is that the practice shoot around thing? I think I did that but just outdent get it, or, if Im being honest, did practice long enough lol