Crewe

I think we've done this, but I cant remember what I did lol

Rock n Roll High School
Animal House
This is Spinal Tap
Forrest Gump
Pulp Fiction

BojackHorsefella

Don't know if we've done this, and I don't know that I know enough to separate into two different lists, so here we go:

The Fountain - Clint Mansell: Mostly known for Requiem for a Dream's soundtrack, specifically Lux Aeterna (which I love), The Fountain soundtrack is the real deal front to back. I can listen to some soundtracks in my car, this is definitely the easiest one to do so, where it works well both as it's own deal and in the movie.

Inception - Hans Zimmer: This is one of the other ones. Again, front to back goodness that works in and out of the movie.

Resident Evil: The first RE soundtrack is incredible. I miss movie soundtracks where they just had songs that weren't from the movie and were "related to or inspired by." This one still has an amazingly solid collection of songs from different genres, and the Manson instrumentals at the end, that were actually used in the movie, are fantastic.

Queen of the Damned: This one shot to the top of the charts when it came out because, just like the RE soundtrack, the collection was a solid mix of earworms that I still listen to even now.

Batman Forever: I mean, honestly. Kiss From a Rose? Kiss Me, Kill Me, Thrill Me? The one that's about the Riddler? I know it was used as a joke in Shaun of the Dead, but this is not a bad soundtrack. The Batman and Robin one (THE END IS THE BEGINNING IS THE END) was not so great.........

TheNorm

I'm fairly certain the Batman Forever soundtrack was safe from Shaun of the Dead's ridicule, IMO...Prince's Batdance soundtrack though, not so much...and yeah, that was a good soundtrack (Forever). In hindsight, better than the film itself.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Probably can't name 5 for each, so a combined list of #1-5 would just be Tron: Legacy on repeat.

Haha, but after that:

Black Panther - Kendrick did an incredible job putting this together and for a movie soundtrack, it's kinda ridiculous that I can listen to this start to finish and enjoy every song. X, Paramedic, King's Dead in particular though stand out.

Pirate of the Caribbean: The main theme is just too damn awesome.

The Dark Knight/Inception/Interstellar - I'm just gonna lump in a bunch of the Christopher Nolan/Hans Zimmer soundtracks together. Loved all of these.

Space Jam - Flyyyy like an eagle....

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on August 07, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
I'm fairly certain the Batman Forever soundtrack was safe from Shaun of the Dead's ridicule, IMO...Prince's Batdance soundtrack though, not so much...and yeah, that was a good soundtrack (Forever). In hindsight, better than the film itself.

I stand corrected!

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: thaima1shu on August 07, 2018, 02:35:46 PM
Probably can't name 5 for each, so a combined list of #1-5 would just be Tron: Legacy on repeat.

Haha, but after that:

Black Panther - Kendrick did an incredible job putting this together and for a movie soundtrack, it's kinda ridiculous that I can listen to this start to finish and enjoy every song. X, Paramedic, King's Dead in particular though stand out.

Pirate of the Caribbean: The main theme is just too damn awesome.

The Dark Knight/Inception/Interstellar - I'm just gonna lump in a bunch of the Christopher Nolan/Hans Zimmer soundtracks together. Loved all of these.

Space Jam - Flyyyy like an eagle....

omg how did I forget the Tron: Legacy soundtrack. I will now go walk into the ocean.

rollntider

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy's soundtrack, even if they were hits from times gone by.

thaima1shu

Quote from: rollntider on August 08, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
I liked Guardians of the Galaxy's soundtrack, even if they were hits from times gone by.

Ahhh yeah that's a great one. I was sliiightly disappointed in the second one because I didn't think the soundtrack came anywhere close to the first one's.

rollntider

Quote from: thaima1shu on August 08, 2018, 04:06:26 PM
Quote from: rollntider on August 08, 2018, 03:44:20 PM

Ahhh yeah that's a great one. I was sliiightly disappointed in the second one because I didn't think the soundtrack came anywhere close to the first one's.

true, its always hard to top the first one though.

BojackHorsefella

Top 5 Reasons I Deleted My Twitter Account Today

1) Jack literally supports white supremacists on his platform.

2) It ruins my mental health.

3) It provides little to no added benefit to my life.

4) It's kind of hypocritical for me to have deleted my Facebook, but not Twitter, considering 1 and 3.

5) Again, Jack literally supports white supremacists on his platform.

Reasons I wish I didn't want to delete Twitter:

All the authors, editors, publishers, etc I follow on there that will be that much more difficult to keep up with now (especially in the case of the editors and publishers). I get a lot of book news, advice, the business side of books information, all that thanks to Twitter and following those kinds of people, in addition to most of them just being really cool (John Scalzi, Benjamin C Dreyer, Victoria Schwab, etc). I'm sure some of them have their own websites, but SO much goes on via Twitter (even submissions stuff, like when they do "pitchwars" and you can literally just pitch your book on Twitter and have an agent contact you if they like it), although I suppose maybe I'll allow myself to come back to the platform once I've actually, you know, written something vs just reading what they have to say and not applying it.

So, yeah. My free time is about to become a lot more boring.

Crewe

Ive been off of FB for years and Twitter was much more reasonable and fun. However, it has become much more toxic lately.
I love it for just the things you mention and in addition, guys like Steve Martin and John Cleese just make it entertaining.
I still find more reputable news via Twitter than I ever did via FB, plus sports beat writers provide solid info as well.
So I don't see myself deleting Twitter soon because its just more manageable than FB was for me.

BojackHorsefella

I agree, it was far easier to tailor Twitter to my likes than Facebook, considering the whole function of the news feed. But even "YA Twitter," aka Young Adult Fiction Twitter, would constantly be erupting in anger at each other. There's always a new controversy in book Twitter, some legitimate, some maybe not so much, and I have enough of that daily already. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, obviously if agents or writers on Twitter are bringing light to agents who are fraud or authors who are predators, that's obviously a really important and good service. But, again, between controversies within their bubbles and, of course, current political controversies in our country, it's like 95% of what I read on Twitter on a daily basis was negative. I just can't anymore.

I suppose, if I really wanted to, I could cull my Twitter list, but I don't really want to do that. I'd like to come back to it one day with those same agents and editors and publishers on my list, rather than having to compile one again, when I have something to pitch or questions to ask. So, for myself, this seemed like the best move.

I'm pretty much arguing with myself here, because I don't like leaving Twitter, but I really, really had to for my own sake.

Crewe

rollntider

I have never gotten into twitter and only check it during football season lol

BojackHorsefella

Top 5 Players From Your Favorite Teams (who you've seen play)

1) Mariano Rivera
2) Curtis Martin
3) Wayne Chrebet
4) Brett Gardner (genuine. His aunt actually works with my dad, he's from Holly Hill, SC originally)
5) Ronde Barber

Honorable mentions: Since I'm not really a huge basketball fan, but obviously Patrick Ewing was my boy back in the day for the Knicks. For the Rangers, how could I not say Gretzky? But he doesn't belong to NY :(

Oh, and I guess my default by favorite soccer team is the NY Red Bulls, so lets go with...well, say, this Michael Grella kid on their team is probably good, with a name like that, right?