News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 Pro Football thread

Started by rollntider, February 21, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Raiders have some investors to move to Vegas. Would be interesting to see if this happens. Not sure the NFL likes the idea of a team in LV.

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Vegas-official-confirms-Raiders-have-2-stadium-investors-ready-51397664

Crewe

FWIW I hate it. When the Oilers left, it was extremely bitter, all because of Butt Adams, so it really didn't hurt too much losing this team. Doesn't seem as though there's as much animosity surrounding the Raiders (at least not until the move was announced) but I could be wrong as I don't follow it that closely.

TheNorm

You know, I'm conflicted about Michigan players I really loved watching getting drafted by teams I absolutely despise. Truly happy for Jabrill Peppers and Taco Charlton, but seriously: f*ck Cleveland and f*ck Dallas too.  :P

...and lol at the Bears for trading away four picks to move up one spot to draft a QB that would've been there anyway (and you morons left Deshaun Watson on the board). Congrats on sucking for the next few years, Chicago.

As much as I love the Lions drafting Jarrad Davis (LB is a need), I thought for sure they would've picked up Reuben Foster instead. Can't believe it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Pretty happy with the trades the Seahawks made. Still tons of talent left on the board and they got great value in their deals. Still a slight bummer to watch 3.5 hours of draft coverage only for them to not take anyone, haha.

Crewe

Texans, finally, finally draft a QB early. This is what I hate...when I think back to previous teams, hey, lets go get Fitzpatrick, or lets get Hoyer lets get Weeden and all this rotating in and out bullshit. Pick a fuckin guy, stick him in there and let him learn and allow the team to grow together. Now we had solid prospects entering free agency by the time we fill this hole...wasted years, now we have these guys to develop now that this guy matured...wasted years, oh and now this journeyman here and this one there, jesus fucktards, you had a solid, and I mean solid foundation of young talent with the ability to get more and let them gel, but, all I can say is, Rick Smith. I swear this guy makes Matt millen look almost competent.

BojackHorsefella

See, unfortunately I jumped off the Bucs bandwagon because of Jameis, otherwise I'd be very excited for Tampa this season.

Instead, I get to look forward to drinking heavily during Jets games.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/887795747663564805

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/887692646973616128

Lions remove Playoff Appearance banners from Ford Field...I'm completely okay with this. I'll be even better with it once they start making the playoffs on a more consistent basis and winning once they get there.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/887699297663365120

Top-selling jersey by state. That Tom Brady guy seems pretty popular...wonder what university he went to?  :P

thaima1shu

Love seeing Marshawn all over the west coast. Him in a Raiders jersey is beyond perfect and so damn cool.

BojackHorsefella

You still in Seattle Thai? I just moved to Washington back in March, living in Everett.

thaima1shu

Quote from: Bucfever on July 20, 2017, 06:04:50 PM
You still in Seattle Thai? I just moved to Washington back in March, living in Everett.

Oh what, that's awesome! Yeah I'm still in Seattle. What are you doing all the way up here?

BojackHorsefella

Moved with the girlfriend. Had to get out of South Carolina, haha. I'm working in the Comcast store in Lynnwood now. Going to the Yanks Ms games on Friday and Saturday. My brother and dad are flying in to go.

TheNorm

Jay Cutler comes out of retirement to play for the Dolphins...and somehow Colin Kaepernick still doesn't have an NFL job.  ::)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725975-fins-overlook-cutlers-sour-past-while-kaepernick-cant-find-path-to-the-future

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/894310230259118080

Sorry, but this has to be a joke...Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton were the other names considered? LOL, the Fins would've been better off signing Randy Orton over Kyle. And Kaepernick is still better than any other name mentioned here.

Crewe

I'm out of the loop, what became of Tannehill? Did I know and just forget?