News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 28, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 14, 2014, 02:54:44 PM

http://deadspin.com/texas-botched-the-coin-toss-has-to-kick-off-to-ucla-bo-1634479396

Good wins by BC over USC and UCLA over Texas last night.

I have only seen this one time. It was Bowling Green vs. Alabama in the mid 90's BG won the toss elected to receive the first half. The start of the 2nd half, Stallings did not want to run up the score kicked off in the second half also.

rollntider

Just watched the KState Barn game.. Kstate left 19 points on the field and was totally out manned. If nick Marshall could throw the ball though  they would be dangerous. He can't hit a long ball over 20 yards unless its deflected by a UGA defender, but he can hit a 10 yard swing pass though.

The barn still has that good luck.

TheNorm

Looking more and more like a change will need to be made for Michigan at the end of the season. Sad because I like Brady Hoke-but can't blame DickRod's recruits anymore. He's got the talent here but he's just not developing them, and that's a huge problem. In both losses this season the offense couldn't even make it to the damn red zone.

I'd be fine with Michigan getting rid of Brandon the AD too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Bama is in the top 3 offense in the NCAA... Lane Kiffen ... gotta give him props

TheNorm

It's true: earlier today in the Ann Arbor area, you could buy two coke products and get a game ticket to the Michigan/Minnesota Big Ten Opener. A really hefty discount for a ticket that has a face value of $75. Students, alumni, and others that paid full price for season tickets and have for years are rightfully pissed off. Fuck Dave Brandon.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2014/09/22/michigan-football-coke/16080259/
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Does harbaugh finally get hired? Les Miles?

YEsterdays Saban press conference he basically said Kiffen is the first OC to run an offense likes he wants, kinda giving credence to the Nuss and Saban (rumor) did not get along.

thaima1shu

So Washington has pretty much been the worst 4-0 team in the country, and not sure it's even close. Today they get Stanford. I can see us getting destroyed by these guys if we play anything like the first 4 games. Should be...interesting.

rollntider

Ole Miss / Memphis brawl during game....LOL  @ Kicker is ejected

TheNorm

Yeah, willfully putting a player back in that took an illegal hit to the head (that asshole from Minnesota should've gotten ejected, and those refs shouldn't be allowed to officiate another game again) is where I draw the line. Coach, if you didn't see it happen then what the hell were you even watching??

http://deadspin.com/brady-hokes-dangerous-incompetence-so-bad-espn-announce-1640003412

Crewe

don't look for anything to happen except that kids career to be shortened

rollntider

Georgia's Gurley falsely accused of assault

QuoteAccording to Athens-Clarke County Police, the accuser was a 20-year-old Georgia student who was said to have called police from his home around 3:18 a.m. to report that Gurley had punched him more than an hour earlier at the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill on Broad Street. According to media reports, he accused Gurley of attacking him after taking a photo of himself with the Bulldog star in the background.

According to the Banner-Herald, police reviewed the surveillance footage from the bar, but that a white male punched the accuser, not Gurley. Georgia's leading rusher agreed to be interviewed by authorities after he was accused, according to police.

Gurley told police that he had noticed the student trying to take pictures with his cell phone as Gurley was in the background with friends from his hometown. Gurley said he did not see the student get punched, however. According to media reports, Gurley told a detective that the student had lost his hat, and that he reached down to pick it up for him when the student approached him and directed a racial slur at Gurley.

According to police, video footage dictates that it was about then that the student was punched. The accuser was kicked out of the bar after the altercation. While being interviewed in his apartment, police said the student was informed that the video footage did not corroborate his story. The student conceded he'd been drinking that night but held that he was not drunk.

According to the Banner-Herald, the police report said the accuser wished not to pursue the allegation. The detective overseeing the investigation released a statement clearing Gurley.

"In consideration of all the information, to include statements and video recordings from the incident location, Todd Gurley's involvement in this report is unfounded," the detective said. "Based also on the information ... I was able to see clearly that Todd Gurley had no involvement in this case other than trying to give an individual his hat back."

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/georgia-rb-todd-gurley-falsely-accused-assault/

TheNorm

I don't really feel like listing all of the ways that the Michigan Athletic Department fucked this whole thing up, but one thing former athletic director Don Canham always said was "Don't turn a one day story into a three day story". That pretty much sums up everything. Hoke claimed he didn't know Shane Morris was concussed, then Athletic Neglector Dave Brandon practically threw him under the bus nearly 12 hours later (with a 12:50am Tuesday morning press release. Really????). This athletic department has failed the athletes they were supposed to protect (blaming miscommunication), and that's simply not forgivable. Brady Hoke needs to go, and Dave Brandon needs to go right out the door with him.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2014/09/30/michigan-mark-s-schlissel-shane-morris/16500245/

rollntider

Yeah we went through something similar with Dubose when he said he did not know what play was called in an Iron bowl(although it did not involve hurt players), that pretty much sealed his fate..... a HC should know whats going on.