News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019 Pro Football Thread

Started by rollntider, February 25, 2019, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Well been checking out the AAF and the Birmingham Iron. I did not watch the first game, but have watched the last 2 weeks. I think the Iron is a decent team but the WRs can't could not catch a cold (most teams not just Bham) Saw shoelace  yesterday, dropped some passes, still fast as hell though.

A few pros and cons.

Pros:

Its Football

Easy to watch the games on the Tube.

Some cool new rules (the onside possession rule, saw the 1st one in the league yesterday and it was exciting, removal of the XP, 2 pt conversion only, not the stupid way the NFL does it)

The football is exciting and pretty good.

You can still hit the QB, he is not a sacred cow. But still have safety as a concern.

QB's have been accurate.

I think the talent could be NFL quality they have a bit to go.

The football looks good,  I loved the XFL but it did look minor league. This looks like a true pro league (albeit minor league)

Cons:

I think the DL are more advanced at this stage, running games are hard sledding because most OLs get pushed around.

Most games I have watched I have seen plenty of Drops by the WRs.

Some minor league feel to it.

I miss the kickoffs, but they may be a thing of the past soon.

Overall I like the league and teams, it probably won't last, but it is fun football.

Bham team has a Brasil fan page :)

https://twitter.com/BrasilIron

rollntider

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 15, 2019, 04:05:43 PM
well that didnt last long.

I just got looks at work from genuinely laughing out loud at this.

Yeah, I mean, a new football league always SOUNDS interesting, but it doesn't seem like we'll ever have more than just NCAAF and NFL, with the rare Arena League or similar off-shoot puttering around.

Rigg44

I watched a couple of games and it wasn't bad. I just don't think these leagues are given the chance to develop.  They are not going to be high quality out of the box.  It is like you have a whole group of expansion teams playing each other, so it will take time.  Oh well, I thought this one had a chance but no such luck.

Crewe

rollntider

I am still gonna pull for a minor league football league. The guy who infused 250 million only did so to buy the gambling software. I thought it was a good league.

TheNorm

I love when solid defensive guys like Ed Oliver, Devin Bush, and Rashan Gary all fall into the Lions draft spot at #8, and in typical Lions fashion they draft a goddamn TE (the third time they've drafted a TE in the first round since 2009, I might add).

Idiotic organization.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Texans drafted a TE too despite being flush at the position with desperate needs elsewhere.  The war room freaked out when they discovered NE was looking at this guy. OMG, he's the next Gronk, get him!!

TheNorm

LOL Dak Prescott thinks he's worth how much?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/08/12/nfl-contracts-cowboys-dak-prescott-demanding-40-million-annually/#116dfacd60ee

QuoteIt appears that the Dallas Cowboys and franchise quarterback Dak Prescott are at an impasse in contract extension talks. It was previously reported that Dallas had offered the Pro Bowl signal caller $30 million annually on a new deal.

Now comes this report from NFL Media's Jane Slater indicating that Prescott is demanding what would be a league-record $40 million annually.

LOL, if the Cowboys were smart (it's Jerry Jones so not really) you give most of that money to Zeke and tell Dak to f-ck off at the end of his rookie contract. But since it's Jerry he'll probably end up giving Dak Russell Wilson money when the kid can't carry Wilson's jockstrap.  ::)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164216435205447680

These logos look like something out of the team creator mode from Madden and NHL.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on August 22, 2019, 01:35:33 AM
LOL Dak Prescott thinks he's worth how much?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/08/12/nfl-contracts-cowboys-dak-prescott-demanding-40-million-annually/#116dfacd60ee

QuoteIt appears that the Dallas Cowboys and franchise quarterback Dak Prescott are at an impasse in contract extension talks. It was previously reported that Dallas had offered the Pro Bowl signal caller $30 million annually on a new deal.

Now comes this report from NFL Media's Jane Slater indicating that Prescott is demanding what would be a league-record $40 million annually.

LOL, if the Cowboys were smart (it's Jerry Jones so not really) you give most of that money to Zeke and tell Dak to f-ck off at the end of his rookie contract. But since it's Jerry he'll probably end up giving Dak Russell Wilson money when the kid can't carry Wilson's jockstrap.  ::)

I dont get it either. Cowboys will never ever win another Championship with JJ at the helm. Never.
And then we will have his idiot kid to deal with whose only saving grace was that he had the sense to pass on Johnny Football.

TheNorm

Guess there was minor NFL news from yesterday...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/andrew-luck-retiring-nfl-indianapolis-colts

Seriously though, good for him to make that decision. Time to get out of the game if the injuries are taking their toll on your livelihood. Better to walk away healthy (somewhat anyway) instead of getting your head beat in on a regular basis.

Also glad the Colts organization isn't going the cheapskate route like the Lions did with Calvin Johnson and letting him keep the signing bonus.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/colts-wont-collect-money-owed-andrew-luck-retirement

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1167818384286916614

Well this could definitely make Seattle's defense a bit more stout. Contender in the NFC now.

Crewe

that's going to be an expensive trade if Seattle keeps him. Hope he stays healthy for all concerned.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 31, 2019, 11:54:33 AM
that's going to be an expensive trade if Seattle keeps him. Hope he stays healthy for all concerned.

Houston paying almost half of his contract this season sure helps...and makes me wonder WTF the Texans were thinking.

And did Green Bay finally find a defense or do the Bears just blow?