News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

So, a little bit of my hardships completing the Horseman 9 challenge which is to ride from Van Horn to Blackwater in 17 minutes or less without touching water. You also cannot leave your horse, which means, watch out for trees and the like.
Seriously, my first, say, 5 tries, I didnt even get a minute and a half out of Van Horn. Once I didnt even make it 18 seconds.
This game knows what Im doing and when and sends me interference, riders knocking my off he path into trees, dismounting me. Crossing bridges that arent wide enough which is my own travesty.
I did finally make it to Bard's Crossing and through Strawberry only to be ambushed by a rival gang.
Then I made it to Strawberry again only for these pest control assholes who are out pimping in the neighborhood, rang my doorbell and sent my dog in to a frenzy, so I had to start over, again.
At this point, Im about 15 tries in and the good news is, it hasn't been all that time consuming because most, like I say, are thwarted before I even get going.
So, Im sure Ill get it sooner or later, but I just wanted to let you guys know what's up because I KNOW you are just broiling with a thirst to hear about my challenges.

Crewe

Reached 100%
Id have to say after all that, the hardest parts of the completion process were a couple of the Gambling Challenges believe it or not and a couple of the Weapons Experts. However, I did find out after that there were creative, much easier ways to attain those goals.
The Hunting Requests were a pain only because I went after them in a linear fashion. Such as given a request, Id go try to find all the animals right then. It's better if you know what you need and just find them naturally through your game journey.

The Horseman challenge from Van Horn to Blackwater that I was beefing about in the previous post isnt so difficult if you can manage to stay on your horse which was my main problem.
That stemmed from shortcuts mostly, but knowing now that if you stay on path, you have plenty of time. The goal is 17 minutes or less and I made it in 14, so food for thought if you wanna give it a go.

I really enjoyed this game much more the second time around and the story is quite profound.
The nun in St. Denis was such a well written character, I felt like she was the driving force in Arthur's redemption.
It also raises questions about what kind a shit she was in to in her previous life, given some things she dropped on Arthur about not always being good.
I still hate Abigail. And since Im done now, Ive taken John into full blown sociopath mode. Being a straight up murderin sonofagun then coming home to dinner lol.

While cleaning up, I discovered fate of other characters but not all.
Micah we know, oh and incidentally, I went back to get his gun and tried to literally blow his head off with the shotgun and it won't let you do that. I was ticked because I was looking forward to it. You can mangle the O'Driscoll's and anyone else, but not Micah for some reason. Nice guns though.
Discovered what happened to some characters (Ill spoiler to be safe)

Spoiler
Discovered Mary Beth at the train station in Valentine where she says she is now an author.
Tilly married off seemingly well. Dutch, Mrs. Grimshaw, Hosea, Sean and Lenny we all know about.
The story tells us about Charles and Sadie, but I didnt find Person anywhere yet, nor Karen.
Strauss was nabbed by Pinkertons and was beat to death but didnt talk.
Cleat (who came in late as a Micah sycophant) was hung by John Sadie and Charles in Strawberry. You had the option to let him go, but really, cmon lol
Uncle, Javier and Bill's futures are known as well.

I think that's everyone. If you know more, tell me.

Tidbits:
I found Otis Millers gun and his nudie photo stash. That was some funny shit right there.
As noted, discovered you could go back for Micah's gun.
You have to visit the graves of all your fallen comrades, including Arthur.
Nothing happens to Gavin's friend if you kill him.
Discovered many of the mysteries throughout, some of which I didnt even realize were strange events.
I want to try to find the serial killer. that's been on my mind since I started my second go round when buc mentioned it. I had found the initial clue down by Braithwait Manor while hunting the panther, but never followed up on it.
Otherwise, Ill just keep tooling around. The game still gives you missions and to do's so Ill see how long I want to keep it up, or maybe even go a third time lol.

Here's some pics, Ive taken and Id love it if someone could tell me anything about the "I seek I find"  graffiti in the train tunnel. I just now discovered that tidbit.

BojackHorsefella

Pearson runs the shop in Rhodes now

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on July 07, 2020, 11:37:23 PM
Pearson runs the shop in Rhodes now

Really? I was in there but dont remember that, Ill have to go back.

TheNorm

Damn dude, those are some amazing shots. Only one I ever posted might be at the beginning of this thread somewhere lol. Was also wondering what would happen if you shot the dude looking for Gavin because the last time I fired up this game and went into town (back in March when I went on that stretch run to finish the epilogues) there he was...but it'd been so long since I'd played it before that I'd completely forgotten he'd been there basically from the start.
'
Also with Gavin, did fall down a YT rabbit hole and stumbled across this a few nights ago. Curious what you guys think; to me it's an interesting theory and makes a bit of sense...but also makes it a little sad too.

https://youtu.be/J6eP18qJ3IE
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 08, 2020, 09:33:07 PM
Damn dude, those are some amazing shots. Only one I ever posted might be at the beginning of this thread somewhere lol. Was also wondering what would happen if you shot the dude looking for Gavin because the last time I fired up this game and went into town (back in March when I went on that stretch run to finish the epilogues) there he was...but it'd been so long since I'd played it before that I'd completely forgotten he'd been there basically from the start.
'
Also with Gavin, did fall down a YT rabbit hole and stumbled across this a few nights ago. Curious what you guys think; to me it's an interesting theory and makes a bit of sense...but also makes it a little sad too.

https://youtu.be/J6eP18qJ3IE

yea it is a beautiful game. I got some good ones but missed a lot too lol
As for Gavin, I shot him and beat him up and nothing out of the ordinary happens, you just get your morale tagged and he shows up again lol

I just watched that the other night believe it or not! I found it interesting too. When I was playing the game initially, I did think he was crazy but I didnt it give it that much thought.

Im still roaming around and having fun with it. Oh, speaking of!
You fellas may remember a bit ago I was supremely ticked off that I let Arthur get rolled in St. Denis and kept looking for the fellows but never could find them again.
Well!
As Marsten was trotting through lo and behold I hear this whisper, hey buddy, wanna make some real money?
I dismounted and ran over to hear his offer then promptly tackled his ass and beat the starch out of him and his buddy who tried to save him lol
I felt like Ken in A Fish Called Wanda.
Re re venge!!!

Nevermind that the cops killed me shortly after lol
That in itself is a story of my luck. Get this!
Im almost out of town right? One turn and Im gone! I make a left and just as I begin to haul ass, a copper rides right in to me and kills himself and my horse the stupid ass.
I have time, and revive my horse and just as he's coming to, here comes the gestapo. In those seconds, I wasn't worried, I could outrun them if only....they dont shoot my fucking horse!!!!
Which they did. I revived him again, then I promptly died while taking a swig of a miracle cure.
This is my life.

TheNorm

Like I said in the Ghost of Tsushima thread, I snagged some pics.

Shot...

...chaser. I honestly have no idea why subtitles showed up for this moment but it was timed perfect.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I absolutely love the fact they added the Klan in this game. Wish I had thought to take a photo or better yet a video of my engagement with them lol

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on July 24, 2020, 08:28:47 PM
I absolutely love the fact they added the Klan in this game. Wish I had thought to take a photo or better yet a video of my engagement with them lol

The inevitable moment I start this game over, it will happen haha. I may even create a specific save right before that and then record all the different ways I crash their party. It'll be like a relaxing moment of Zen but I still get to wipe out a bunch of illiterate racists.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 24, 2020, 10:11:25 PM
Quote from: Crewe on July 24, 2020, 08:28:47 PM

The inevitable moment I start this game over, it will happen haha. I may even create a specific save right before that and then record all the different ways I crash their party. It'll be like a relaxing moment of Zen but I still get to wipe out a bunch of illiterate racists.

that's hilariously awesome