News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, September 07, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

thaima1shu

Flying out tomorrow morning. Still can't believe I'm going to this, and not having to pay $6,000 for a ticket like it costs right now. This wait the last two weeks has felt like an eternity.

rollntider

rollntider

TheNorm

That may have been one of the crazier endings I've seen to a Super Bowl-sorry thai.  :-\

How the fuck do you not run Beast Mode there?????????????????
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

geez man, that was brutal.
Everyone is on the O for saying Lockette coudve been stronger to the ball. disregarding the debate that should he have said that or not, in all honestly when I saw the play, that was what I thought too.
It looked more like a weak move than a bad pass to me, but thats just my opinion. In either scenario, it was a horrible play call and all that BS about saying they didn't want to runs against their goal line D is a cop out.
Now I have to live with Tom Brady is the greatest ever screaming at me from every mountaintop for the rest of my life. I was just now getting over the Montana thing.
Fuck.

TheNorm

This article is pretty f'ing good-how NBC handled the last few minutes of that crazy finish.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/02/super-bowl-xlix-broadcast-nbc-patriots-seahawks

I still can't believe Kearse made that catch...thought for sure that the Pats were reliving the Tyree/Manningham nightmares.

Oh, and Crewe: Tom Brady, Michigan Man=GOAT (couldn't resist)  ;D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol yea yea yea...
you know norm, what gets me about Brady is not his abilities, it's just that there's something very Eddie Haskell about him, something very disingenuous, perhaps arrogant, condescending even.
It wasn't helped by the fact that rules were implemented simply because of his status and that there for a time every time he whined about a call, he got the flag. I just remember instances where nothing was gonna be called until he faced up on the ref, then he pulls out the hanky. It just added to my growing dislike and has never dissipated, obviously lol
I just didn't want him to have his fourth for reasons stated above.  Im glad Im not tight with a lot of Pats fans or it would be a lot worse.

TheNorm

The EDSBS guys made me giggle: A Super Bowl Letter from Jim Harbaugh to Pete Carroll

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/2/2/7965085/a-super-bowl-letter-from-jim-harbaugh

And apparently some high profile stuff took place this morning and today...Johnny Manziel has decided to enter treatment, good luck to him:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12267487/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-entering-rehab-improve-himself

...and now Warren Sapp will most likely be looking for a new job after being arrested for soliciting a prostitute in Phoenix.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12269196/warren-sapp-arrested-suspended-nfl-network

rollntider

rollntider

thaima1shu

Yeah...I'm not happy about it lol. Was an awesome trip and awesome experience...up until that playcall. So I guess it was a memorable experience, but I think I'd rather not remember it haha.

Stepping back and looking at it in perspective though, I've gone through so much worse as a Seattle sports fan. Seeing my team win the Super Bowl one year, then make it back but lose the next year is nothing compared to my 2008:

- Sonics went 20-62, then were taken away
- Mariners went 61-101
- Seahawks went 4-12
- Husky football went 0 and freakin' 12

That's how I'm coping with it, at least.