UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 28, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: rollntider on September 03, 2014, 02:28:10 AM
Beat Notre Dame!!!!

I agree with what you said except I did not see the Michigan game.

LSU got lucky.

Gurley for Heisman.

Bama's D is not the same since 2011.  I think Wva is better than they were last year, but we should have beat them worse, we missed tackles, slipped and fell and let several guys get large chunks of yards. Yes they dropped passes but so did we thats a wash in my book. Its a young D though so they can be stout by the end of the year.

Yeah why is OSU not ranked?

Also so tired of the Big 12 saying they will have a real champion because of round robin games, what if they have a 3 way tie (it happens) their argument is invalid. Add 2 teams and have a playoff, outside of 4 to 5 teams (like every conference) they skate away from the final playoff game. I still stand by my claim that to be eligible for the playoff you have to be in a conference (Notre Dame/BYU) and played for your conference championship (Notre Dame/Big 12)  thats an extra game those chickens shy away from.

Funny this was week one

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 07, 2014, 09:49:23 PM
Didn't get to watch any of the games this weekend, but all I can say just by looking at the Big Ten scores alone is this: if anyone even tries to advocate that the Big Ten deserves a team in the college bowl playoff at the end of this season, I'm going to seriously question their sanity. My conference is a g-ddamned joke.

I think the SEC was the joke this year.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 02, 2015, 01:55:16 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 02, 2015, 01:52:10 AM

Go Oregon, except for those with the classless taunts on Winston...

Winston has been very classless. He is from where I live, i could tell you stories..

With that said... Go Oregon!!!

I skipped over a lot of that BS because, you know, media being soooooo trustworthy and thorough, so perhaps youre right. I just thought them taunting him with the no means no chant was sorta dickish.
If he wouldve done something on the field, then yea, by all means, lay into him, but that? I dunno, just wouldnt have wanted my players to do that if I were a coach

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on January 02, 2015, 01:16:43 AM
Well we sucked it up tonight.

Congrats to OSU, it hurts to say, but they outplayed us.

I think Lane Kiffen caused this loss, by not doing our offense. We did not try to go to Cooper until it was late, we never got into a rythem of running because Kiffin was trying to get cute with stupid plays. But props to Meyer for doing what they did. It sucks to lose, but no one can win them all. When we were going 4-9 I just begged and prayed to be in the hunt. I will be pulling for Oregon, although after watching the FSU game, it may be a blessing we don't face them ;)

I'd have to agree with this-not sure what the hell Kiffin was trying to do, but things backfired in a big way. I sure as hell didn't expect this outcome. As someone that's repeatedly bashed the Big Ten pretty much this entire season, they stepped up today and in a way very few thought possible-myself included. As much as I loathe ohio state winning that game, that moment when Elliott broke off that 85 yard TD to pretty much put the game out of reach (although there were some mind-numbingly dumb play calls made by both teams in the last three minutes) I did laugh just a little bit when I thought "but isn't SEC speed supposed to catch this guy?"

I'm happy for the Big Ten, and hopefully things have finally turned a corner and our looking up-from the Michigan perspective I can tell you it's the most optimistic it's been in years. The B1G gained a measure of respect yesterday, and that's awesome. All that said: Go Ducks.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

I guess I'm the only one that's gonna be pulling for Ohio State here. Come on Meyer....don't let me down.

rollntider

Crewe

I thought Ohio State shot themselves in the foot so many times, and I declared them losers after each turnover but they just kept on dominating.
Unbelievable.
Now that its all played out, obviously its justified that Ohio jumped Baylor and TCU, so I think the CFP was/is a success.
I think everyone agrees FSU shouldnt have been in, but undefeated is undefeated.
Makes me think back a couple of years ago when the Cougars were undefeated, if that had been them in a playoff, man, they wouldve been destroyed.
So now, is Mariota a genuine NFL prospect or is he a Tebow waiting to happen?

thaima1shu

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 13, 2015, 11:00:23 AM
Thank you so much Ohio State.

It's only a matter of time before recruiting violations get it taken away at o-lie-o $tate.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on January 13, 2015, 01:29:18 PM

It's only a matter of time before recruiting violations get it taken away at o-lie-o $tate.

That's fine with me, because in the end Oregon still lost. Therefore, I'm good.

And I'd probably be giving you that same gif if Oregon had won instead :)

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 13, 2015, 01:29:18 PM
Quote from: thaima1shu on January 13, 2015, 11:00:23 AM
Thank you so much Ohio State.

lol