News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Things You See On Twitter (Non-political)

Started by TheNorm, February 10, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 13, 2019, 01:46:52 PM
Really thought we did this already, but I looked through this thread and even the Top 5 thread just in case and didn't see it, so:

Name 5 Bands You've Seen in Concert, But One Is a Lie

So, like it says: you name 5 bands that you've seen in concert, but one band has to be a lie, and then everyone can try and guess which is the lie. I'll start:

Bands I've seen:

Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
Third Eye Blind
TOOL
Halsey

Never heard of Halsey, but Ill say Third Eye Blind is a lie. Doesn't really seem to fit, but maybe thats the point ;-)
I participated in this on Twitter, but Ill give it another go here:

Metallica
Guns n Roses
Van Halen
George Jones
Motley Crue

TheNorm

For Buc I'll say Tool, but only because they don't tour all that much.

As for Crewe, I'll say Motley Crue...straight up guess though.

We did do this on Twitter (Crewe you're the only one that guessed), but I'll throw them up here:

Dave Matthews Band
Incubus
Spice Girls
DMX
Green Day
Tool
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 13, 2019, 09:45:09 PM
For Buc I'll say Tool, but only because they don't tour all that much.

As for Crewe, I'll say Motley Crue...straight up guess though.

We did do this on Twitter (Crewe you're the only one that guessed), but I'll throw them up here:

Dave Matthews Band
Incubus
Spice Girls
DMX
Green Day
Tool

Ill refrain from responding so we can see if anyone else has a guess.

As for you, Ill say Spice Girls is a lie. it HAS to be, right? lol

TheNorm

I shall also refrain from a response at this time.  ;D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 13, 2019, 07:13:35 PM
I participated in this on Twitter, but Ill give it another go here:

Metallica
Guns n Roses
Van Halen
George Jones
Motley Crue

Quote from: TheNorm on May 13, 2019, 09:45:09 PM

Dave Matthews Band
Incubus
Spice Girls
DMX
Green Day
Tool

Alright, I'll get my guesses in before revealing anything.

For Crewe.....I'm going to say Guns and Roses.

And for Norm.....TOOL would seem obvious since he guessed (correctly or incorrectly?!?!?!) that's mine and gave reasoning, so, I'll say Green Day.

TheNorm

Buc is correct, haven't seen Green Day live. FTR, the Spice Girls were awesome lol.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2019, 02:23:49 PM
Buc is correct, haven't seen Green Day live. FTR, the Spice Girls were awesome lol.

LOL damn!

For me, norm was right, haven't seen Motley Crue. Vince Neil yes, the Crue, no.
Sad no one fell for my George Jones chicanery

BojackHorsefella

And for me, TOOL was in fact the lie. Just never got to see them, as Norm said, they rarely tour and I've missed it when they have.

Saw Manson back in Myrtle at House of Blues, NIN in Charlotte during the NINJA tour (Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addiction), and Halsey at Bonnaroo.

And Third Eye Blind I saw in concert, although I did not stay for the entire thing, when I was like, 14, and my dad had a work event at the House of Blues in Myrtle and they provided free passes to go into the concert side and watch whoever was playing. In this case, it was Third Eye Blind.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 14, 2019, 04:10:29 PM
And for me, TOOL was in fact the lie. Just never got to see them, as Norm said, they rarely tour and I've missed it when they have.

Saw Manson back in Myrtle at House of Blues, NIN in Charlotte during the NINJA tour (Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addiction), and Halsey at Bonnaroo.

And Third Eye Blind I saw in concert, although I did not stay for the entire thing, when I was like, 14, and my dad had a work event at the House of Blues in Myrtle and they provided free passes to go into the concert side and watch whoever was playing. In this case, it was Third Eye Blind.

so I wasn't kinda almost right  :D

BojackHorsefella

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/thatericalper/status/1129922158279438336

I'll have more to add once I'm out of work in the morning, but off the top of my head:

"Guns in the Sky", INXS - Kick
"Where the Streets Have No Name", U2 - The Joshua Tree
"Noah's Dove", 10,000 Maniacs - Our Time in Eden
"Straight Outta Compton", N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton

TheNorm

"Little Favours", KT Tunstall, Drastic Fantastic
"Let's Go Crazy", Prince, Purple Rain soundtrack
"I'm Bad", LL Cool J, Bigger and Deffer
"Peter Piper", Run DMC, Raising Hell

Crewe

Purple Haze - Hendrix
Magic Man - Heart
Bone Machine - Pixies
Hells Bells - ACDC
Speak to me - Pink Floyd

BojackHorsefella

Going to steal one of Crewe's here:

Speak To Me, Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon

Devour, Marilyn Manson: The High End of Low

7, Catfish and the Bottlemen: The Ride

Closer, Kings of Leon: Only By the Night