UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Roll Tide everyone, its about to start. I am savoring this. :rtr:

TheNorm

Now THAT was one hell of a bowl game-those two were clearly the best two in college football this year (and also further proof that MSU had no business being in the playoff lol). Congrats tider.

...and now I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store: 235 days to the kickoff of Michigan/Hawaii. Go Blue!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

That was a good game. Three brain freeze plays equaled three touchdowns. That onside kick was money!
Congrats tider.
I always wonder, with words like greatness thrown around referencing average feats, I like to think that Saban is truly great and in 20 or 30 years, even moreso. Wonder how many will wish they reveled in it a bit more.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2016, 01:13:11 AM
That was a good game. Three brain freeze plays equaled three touchdowns. That onside kick was money!
Congrats tider.
I always wonder, with words like greatness thrown around referencing average feats, I like to think that Saban is truly great and in 20 or 30 years, even moreso. Wonder how many will wish they reveled in it a bit more.

I am reveling in it now. Was telling my son to enjoy this, to remember it wasn't long ago we were under Shula and celebrated weed eater bowls.

rollntider

One of my favorite stories this morning was seeing on a Clemson forum, the Barn fans on their crying that the onside kick was illegal, quoting the rule but leaving out the 1st 2 sentences that made the kick legal and quoting the 3rd only. 99% of the Clemson fan just told him to STFU they won.

I will be a Clemson fan now, even more now their 1st game is Auburn in 2016.

rollntider

Crewe

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2016, 11:26:30 AM
Why would that kick be illegal?

I am telling you they hate Bama more than they like their school

Here is the clemson fans Chirping, notice they leave the first 2 parts of the rule and just argue the last point.
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18780504

here is the full Rule:

ARTICLE 3. a. No Team A player may touch a free-kicked ball until after:
1. It touches a Team B player (Exception: Rules 6-1-4 and 6-5-1-b); (did not happen)
2. It breaks the plane of and remains beyond Team B's restraining line (Exception: Rule 6-4-1) (A.R. 2-12-5-I); OR (did happen went beyond 10 yards, to my Auburn friends the or means only one has to be true)
3. It touches any player, the ground, an official or anything beyond Team B's restraining line.

Clemson did not have a player in the area, so they could not call a fair catch, and therefore Alabama could not do a Kick Catch interference. The one in which they said happened to them.

Here is the play  some fans are crying about

if it does not bounce, catch/kick interference is applied

No receiver in the area

http://bamahammer.com/2016/01/12/ohio-state-fans-are-hilariously-bitter/

Crewe

I didnt read but the first post in that thread. I can understand the frustration for Clemson from one point of view, which is what the poster said, they had been penalized earlier in the season by the officials for the same play. I have to admit that would bother me too.  I.concur he is only quoting the one rule, but I think thats just to illustrate his point about them being penalized.
Otherwise, I dont think anyone could consider that kick illegal, it went ten yards. Never occured to me that it might be questionable.

rollntider

the first video shows the play they did compared to Bama's. USC had a player in the area, you have to give a player in the area a chance to catch the ball.

the 2nd shows how our kick went.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/14/10763992/alabama-onside-kick-clemson-national-championship-nick-saban-adam-griffiths-marlon-humphrey

nice article on who what when where and why it happened.

Crewe

The way that rule is written is awful vague. Im sure it will be addressed now...