News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 NFL Season thread

Started by rollntider, February 26, 2016, 01:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

It's interesting to me that an nfl player has to resort to resources outside the team to get fit.
Seems like it's a lack of effort or bad attitude, but that's just at me.

TheNorm

Could've swore I saw a comment from a staffer close to that whole situation, said something to the effect of "Eddie Lacy is really hungry this offseason". Wasn't that part of the problem?

*crickets*

I'll show myself out now
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 27, 2016, 05:21:56 PM
Could've swore I saw a comment from a staffer close to that whole situation, said something to the effect of "Eddie Lacy is really hungry this offseason". Wasn't that part of the problem?

*crickets*

I'll show myself out now

I think he has a buffet of problems....

I'll follow you out...

TheNorm

Plenty more where we're going then...a whole smorgasbord, if you will.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

The ol' teabagging Five-head makes it official.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14921369/emotional-peyton-manning-officially-announces-retirement-18-seasons

As expected, the platitudes are rolling in from the usual places...some making more dubious claims than others.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/706941074200260609

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TheNorm

Megatron makes it official and calls it a career too. Not shocking but still a bummer just the same.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/707249570049228800

Crewe

Was there really ever a doubt about Manning?
Hate to see game changers like CJ go without a title, but, that's football.
And speaking of, there won't be any football in Houston as we signed Brock, so the band aids continue...

rollntider

Skittles

QuoteNoted Skittles-liker Marshawn Lynch retired from football following the 2015 season, leaving a Skittles-shaped void on the Seahawks' roster. That is, until Seattle drafted Alabama defensive tackle Jarran Reed with the No. 49 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft and he walked across the stage with a bag of Skittles. True to the classic finance aphorism "It takes Skittles to make Skittles," Reed was rewarded by Skittles for proudly displaying his Skittles with more Skittles than you probably ate during the course of your entire childhood.
https://twitter.com/1j_reed/status/733433807458574336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Roll Skittles.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Skittles-sent-Skittles-liker-Jarran-Reed-a-bunch-of-Skittles-45418549

rollntider

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/duron-carter-plows-over-opposing-coach-starts-wild-brawl-after-cfl-td/

Anyone see this? He bumped into the coach i thought on purpose, but bulldozed? Coach should be fined for being a wuss.

TheNorm

I'm all for a little showmanship and stuff, but running onto the other team's sideline is a bit much and just asking to get your ass kicked. Bumping the coach should've been a flag, easily.
If these two teams play each other again this season and Carter is still there, I'd expect someone to line him up and I'll laugh when it happens.

rollntider

He got his bell rung, there is talk he was not sure which side he was on. Dude got smashed on that play.

TheNorm

I really tried to watch the 49ers/Rams game last night - it was the first chance I really had time to sit down and pay attention to the game (had other things to attend to this past weekend, so didn't get to watch much if any college or pro games), but I couldn't pay attention to that worthless bag of monkey crap Chris Berman try to pretend he's an NFL play-by-play guy for more than five minutes.

Well that and the Rams suck too.

rollntider