News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Crash Bandicoot/Sonic Mania

Started by BojackHorsefella, August 18, 2017, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

So, just bought both of these. No deals or anything, I'd been wanting Crash and Sonic Mania has been getting great reviews and I had some extra money so figured why not.

Haven't had much time to play yet (just got them yesterday) but Sonic feels like Sonic 2, plays like it, looks and sounds like it which is really the best praise I can think to give.

And I loved the Crash games when I was a kid, and apparently still love them now. The graphics overhaul is amazing. I've hit that issue where the physics are a bit off on the jump landings, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's been made out to be online.

So far, satisfied with the money spent.

Sakura

SHILL THREAD!!  OH MY GOD, SHILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

On a serious note, I heard from Dunkey that Sonic Mania is a real good one, and everyone loves Crash.  Is Crash just a rerelease of the old PS1 game or a new game?

BojackHorsefella

It's a completely graphically updated (so no just like, higher res but they fully rebuilt all models and textures and what-not) version of the first 3 games. So you're not getting just the first game, but also whatever the second was called and Wrath of Cortex (I think that was the third).

Sakura

All three?  Damn, that's pretty sweet.

Edit: Oh, I went to check to see if it was on Steam, and turns out it's a PS4 :ps4: exclusive.  Damn.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Sakura on August 19, 2017, 01:18:48 AM
All three?  Damn, that's pretty sweet.

Edit: Oh, I went to check to see if it was on Steam, and turns out it's a PS4 :ps4: exclusive.  Damn.

"Console Games Discussion"

Although I believe Sonic Mania is for all platforms.

rollntider