Movies/TV/Music: What are you looking forward to? 2018

Started by TheNorm, January 02, 2018, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Pretty self explanatory, right? Mine:

Movies:
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War, part 1 (I'm legit taking the day off for this)
Deadpool 2
Ocean's Eight
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Ready Player One
Incredibles 2
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Solo

TV:
Jessica Jones Season Two (I should probably get around to watching season 1)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

I'm interested in every movie you listed. In addition:

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Tomb Raider
Sicario 2
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Alita: Battle Angel
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Mortal Engines

Also if God Particle/Cloverfield 3 ever actually decides to release.

TheNorm

Damn, forgot about Pacific Rim: Uprising and Tomb Raider...still need to watch the first Ant-Man and the first Fantastic Beasts.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Man, Jessica Jones season 1 was what, three years ago? Whats the hold up?

I felt like we don't need a Solo movie and was only interested because it was SW. With all the firing and hoopla surrounding it and the lead actor Im even less optimistic. However, the fact that Ron Howard is on board gives me hope.

rollntider

Movies:
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War, part 1
Deadpool 2
Incredibles 2
Solo

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 04, 2018, 12:02:49 AM

Movies:
Black Panther
Deadpool 2
Incredibles 2
Solo

Marvel has you locked up don't they? 😎

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 03, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

I felt like we don't need a Solo movie and was only interested because it was SW. With all the firing and hoopla surrounding it and the lead actor Im even less optimistic. However, the fact that Ron Howard is on board gives me hope.

The holdup usually ends up being me binge-watching a show I've watched a hundred times again (see: West Wing, Parks & Rec).  8)

Sakura

Deadpool 2
Deadpool 2
Deadpool 2
Deadpool 2
Oh and of course...
Deadpool 2

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 04, 2018, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 03, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

The holdup usually ends up being me binge-watching a show I've watched a hundred times again (see: West Wing, Parks & Rec).  8)

Lol yea that's me too, but I meant the holdup on S2 being completed.

TheNorm

More than likely working on some of their other properties (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, season 2 of Daredevil, The Defenders, which she was a part of, and Punisher) before cycling back to it.

Crewe

I was just exposed to the I, Tonya flick yesterday. It seems highly touted, at least Margot Robbie is, and why not?
Im not sure if its a really serious flick or not, seems campy an overhyped in parts but Im interested.
I like what I see from Allison Janney in those bits too. Wonder how they managed the triple axel?
Such a gripping tale, somebody go see it and report back ;-)

BojackHorsefella

I may MoviePass it, but I have so many other movies to see yet. All the Money in the World, Shape of Water, The Greatest Showman, The Post comes out next week as does something else. Phantom Thread should be dropping sometime soon here.

I've already decided to give up on seeing Downsizing. MoviePass is great for saving me money but it doesn't give me more TIME....

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

I saw it two days ago. I was disappointed, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 04, 2018, 01:47:04 AM
Quote from: rollntider on January 04, 2018, 12:02:49 AM

Movies:
Black Panther
Deadpool 2
Incredibles 2
Solo

Marvel has you locked up don't they? 😎

Yup