UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on April 19, 2018, 02:52:50 PM
Day 3: Name a Game That Made You Sad/Cry

Other than NHL 2K3 when I launched my controller against the wall after losing a Game 7 OT Cup Final thriller to Toronto and then remembered how much it cost for a new controller?

ala concussion who used to roam these parts lol
Day 3
Only thing I could come up with was NCAA 14 because it was the last version.
Or, also the day Madden went down the shitter, that was a tough day too lol

*edit to add

ok serious answer would probably be The Last of Us

cflnut

Day 3: Name a Game That Made You Sad/Cry

Aerith's Death scene in Final Fantasy VII.

I don't normally get overly emotional about games, but i remember dropping the controller, with tears in my eyes, over the fact they actually killed one of the main characters. And only halfway through the game at that.

Even now, knowing that it's going to happen, I still get a little emotional during that scene.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

Day 4- Best Value Game

Sometimes, you buy a game like Grand Theft Auto V, that's $60, and between the massive single player and the even more massive multiplayer, you feel like you got it for a steal. Sometimes, you find a game on Steam for a dollar that you think may be fun, and you end up playing it for months on end.

So what game did you get the most value out of, whether it was low price, great content or even big price, but even bigger content, whatever it may be?

For me, I think one of the best deals I've gotten was Shadow of Morder Complete Edition, which I got for about $10. A pretty large base game complete with full DLC, I got it on sale sometime last year and played through the game in a matter of months. I didn't complete all the DLC, but it's there if I ever want to come back to it.

I thought about my Uncharted trilogy also, which I got on sale for $9 total. Three really good games, but Uncharted doesn't have the DLC or open world of Mordor.

cflnut

Day 4- Best Value Game

Fallout 4.

Got this day one, and only paid $5 for the game and season pass. Traded in a bunch to reduce the price. For probably a year and a half this was practically the only game I played. I've done four play through's of the main story, and two for each of the story DLC's. I still occasionally fire it up but I mostly now just scavenge for crafting materials to build up the settlements.

Crewe

With trade ins and coupons, I once obtained MLB for 7 bucks, but Im not sure thats what you're looking for here.
The games I enjoyed and played the longest, Id have to say tops was The Warriors. That game was so damn fun and even the actors performed voice acting for their characters.
GTA V, Burnout Paradise and probably Destruction Derby on the PSOne would round out this list.

BojackHorsefella

Ah, Destruction Derby, the game where you had to link PlayStations if you wanted to do multiplayer. Yup, you needed two TVs and two PlayStations.

And The Warriors, interesting. I remember when that game came out, seeing it on the shelves at work (shout-out Circuit City). Surprised to hear that one.

Crewe

Loved Destruction Derby. Matter of fact if they ever upgrade any games to next gen I'd love for it to be DD and The Warriors

TheNorm

Probably Mass Effect 2 for me. This really was one of those games/series I had zero interest in since it was X360 exclusive from the beginning. Even when they started off on the PS3 with ME2, the game wasn't on my radar. But it wasn't until I saw an article and previews for ME3 that I thought I should look into it, and luckily by that point ME2 was available for pretty damn cheap...may have picked it up for around $10 after a couple of trade-ins. Was hooked into it the moment I started playing it and didn't look back.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Ack, forgot to do this yesterday!

Day 5 - Favorite sports game

Again, doesn't have to be Madden or MLB, it could be Mario Golf or Mario Kart or Mario Tennis or....you get the idea.

For me, as much as I'd love to say NFL 2k4 or 2k5, I have to go with Madden 2002. The expansion draft was just such a fun feature, and building a team from other's leftovers was actually really challenging.

Day 6 - Most Relaxing Game

This one for me is really easy: Flower. I had it on the PS3, and really, there's no better game out there if you want to play a game without ANY of the stress or frustrations that video games can sometimes bring (looking at you, MLB).

TheNorm

Can I safely assume Day 5 is Favorite Sports Game?
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

It is. Really weird that it didn't show up.

Edit: fixed it now. Apparently I'd accidentally hit the IMG tags instead of the Bold tags.

cflnut

Day 5 - Favorite sports game

Easily Burnout Paradise. Put hundreds of hours into this game on the PS3, and where as I'm not playing it as much on the PS4 it's still fun.

Day 6 - Most Relaxing Game

Caesar 3. I find it very relaxing to just load up the free play maps and build a city until there is no more space on the map. 

TheNorm

Day 5
Favorite Sports Game

College Hoops 2K8. The depth in this game is amazing and while it's a bit more difficult to find current rosters than it used to be, it's worthwhile. Still plays a great game of basketball and I love that it still has that collegiate atmosphere.

Day 6
Most Relaxing Game

Plague, Inc. I like taking a bacteria or virus and seeing if I can evolve it into something that wipes out humanity. Sounds dark lol but the challenge soothes me and the news scrolls occasionally make me laugh.

Crewe

Day 5
Favorite Sports Game.

I think there are obvious choices here, but Im going to go back a ways and say PGA Tour Golf 94 I think it was?
In any event, this was a very early iteration of the golf franchise that would become Tiger Woods staple. I believe this was only the second version since the DOS version with 92 being the first. That is assuming IRC.
I spent a ton of time with this game.

Day 6
Most relaxing game

I dont know that I have one of those, seriously.
Who plays games to relax? lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on April 22, 2018, 09:25:37 PM
Day 6
Most relaxing game

I dont know that I have one of those, seriously.
Who plays games to relax? lol

I gotta have something to counterbalance the continuous stress from MLB. Got my difficulty up to Legend and now can't hit a thing. It's a good thing my house doesn't have baseball bats lying next to a water cooler.