The Official Awesomeness of Jim Harbaugh Thread (thread title changed)

Started by rollntider, April 01, 2015, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

TheNorm

So, the University of Michigan had scheduled a showing of "American Sniper" for students, but ended up canceling after a planned protest by some students claiming that the film advances "negative and misleading stereotypes" about Muslims (I don't know, haven't seen the movie but want to).

Coach took that news and sent out a tweet later saying

"@CoachJim4UM Michigan Football will watch "American Sniper"! Proud of Chris Kyle & Proud to be an American & if that offends anybody then so be it!"

A few hours later, Michigan released a statement saying it was a mistake to cancel the showing (and they're right, it was...hey, you don't agree with the movie and the message then don't see the f'ing movie).  8)

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/04/jim_harbaugh_tweets_support_fo.html

*EDIT* FYI I'm totally fine with changing the title of this thread to "The Official Awesomeness of Jim Harbaugh Thread".  ;D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

lets not get carried away now LOL

TheNorm

So...it turns out that Nick Saban isn't exactly thrilled with the satellite camp concept, either.  :popcorn:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/04/22/michigan-football-nick-saban/26169641/

Quote"If we're all going to travel all over the country to have satellite camps, you know, how ridiculous is that?" Saban said Tuesday evening, before the Crimson Caravan stop in Huntsville, Ala., as reported by al.com. "I mean, we're not allowed to go to all-star games, but now we're going to have satellite camps all over the country. So it doesn't really make sense."

Yeah well I think oversigning's a ridiculous concept too but who the hell am I to judge...  :P
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

well,He was bitchin more about the SEC ban on it is the take I got from the full quote.

Quote"I think everybody's gotta recruit the way that they should recruit," Saban said Tuesday evening. "We're not allowed to have satellite camps in the SEC. I certainly think that we need to address this if it's going to be a competitive disadvantage and other people are going to have these kind of camps.

"I think it's something that we'll probably address as a conference, and I think it's something we ought to look at from an NCAA standpoint because I think it's best to have a rule where people come to your campus, they can come to your camp.

"If we're all going to travel all over the country to have satellite camps, you know, how ridiculous is that?" Saban said Tuesday evening, before the Crimson Caravan stop in Huntsville, Ala., as reported by al.com. "I mean, we're not allowed to go to all-star games, but now we're going to have satellite camps all over the country. So it doesn't really make sense."

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Nick-Saban-says-satellite-camps-are-ridiculous-36910066

TheNorm

Like I said, just change the name of this to "The Official Awesomeness of Jim Harbaugh Thread".  :thumbsup:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/04/24/michigan-jim-harbaugh-football-camp-coaches-invite

QuoteHarbaugh sneakily responded to the criticism on Friday by sending out a tweet inviting coaches from "every football playing college in America" to come help out at Michigan's "Exposure U" camp in June. He even put in a special line for coaches whose conferences would prohibit them from doing so:

"Where college coaches are restricted from working a camp outside of a 50-mile radius of their campus, we cordially invite your head football coach to be our keynote speaker."

rollntider

I really think Saban wants to do the "Harbaugh" camp. He is pissed the SEC doesnt allow it. I applaud Harbaugh though, well played.

TheNorm

So...please tell me that all Georgians aren't as dumb as Mark Richt is.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgx3d

Quote"I don't know how many guys wanna go up there and freeze their tail off." - Mark Richt

Does this moron not realize that Michigan actually gets quite warm in June...you know, when the satellite camp is being held?  ???

rollntider

TheNorm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jim-harbaugh-s-michigan-return-is-continuous-stroll-down-memory-lane-183956160.html

I'm fairly certain every Big Ten coach was asked about Harbaugh at Big Ten Media Days this past week, and most took it in stride (Dantonio over at MSU was his typically grumpy self...I grudgingly admit he's a good coach but he's also a f-cking asshole).

Not ready for summer to go away but I am ready for football to get moving again.

rollntider

TheNorm

So in case you hadn't heard, Michigan officially announced a few weeks ago that they are leaving Adidas at the end of their contract next summer (finally) and will be going back to Nike ( :woot1:). That also includes the special Jumpman logo for the basketball teams, something only a few schools get.

Well it was now also announced today that the Jumpman logo/brand is now branching out into football. The first school to get that Jumpman logo? You're all smart people, I'm sure you'll figure it out. :D  :goblue:

https://twitter.com/Jumpman23/status/631963462919286784

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/08/13/michigan-football-michael-jordan/31668377/

rollntider

I don't get jumpman for football? Isn't that a basketball thing or am i missing something ? :goblue:

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on August 14, 2015, 09:09:33 PM
I don't get jumpman for football? Isn't that a basketball thing or am i missing something ? :goblue:

Business is my guess...and whether it's football or basketball, everyone still recognizes the logo. Odds are recruits will love it too.

And I'm glad that Jim Harbaugh is back at Michigan as much as anyone else, but FS1 is starting to make this a little ridiculous.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/08/22/michigan-football-harbaugh-bus/32194339/

TheNorm

So Jim Harbaugh was at WWE Raw in Detroit earlier this evening...about 9 rows in front of me, to be exact (yes, I was at a taping of Raw, yes, it was a blast, and yes, I know pro wrestling is 'fake' but I still enjoy the hell out of it anyway).

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/701977306601021440

So does coach too, apparently. Only reason I post this is because a month or two ago Coach did say something about it being totally awesome to host Wrestlemania at the Big House someday. Combine that with his appearance tonight, along with Ric Flair attending Michigan's National Signing Day even a few weeks back (I seriously had no idea Flair had signed a LOI to play at Michigan for Bump Elliott...1968 I believe), and I think the possibility is definitely out there now for a Wrestlemania at Michigan...which would be so awesome.  :woot: