News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaima1shu

Told you that Sark and Kiffin were basically the same, haha. If Saban didn't like Kiffin, no reason he would like Sark.

rollntider

I don't think Saban didn't like him. I feel Sark probably did not like Saban, or his style of coaching. From what i understand Saban gives his coaches tasks and they are held to a high standard and works harder than most coaches. That is why Tubberville was ran out of town in barn town, there was articles of saban on the recruiting trail while tubs was duck hunting.

thaima1shu

I can definitely see that. Sark is polar opposite of Saban from a work ethic perspective.

rollntider

Ole Miss releases NOA....
Alleged that a booster was giving out 13 to 15 k to a player that did not attend there.... How much did the ones that attended got ?

http://alabama.247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-football-media-reacts-to-NCAA-charging-Ole-Miss-with-lac-51431837/1

rollntider

Best OOC conference schedules for 2017?
USC - Texas and Notre Dame and Western Mich. Will WMU be as good next year?

Michigan has Florida, Cincy , and Air Force... not a bad OOC schedule  Florida may not be as good this year but still a good SEC team, Air Force can ruin your day and Cincy is a bowl calibre team

Purdue has Mizzou, Ohio and Louisville. While Mizzou is down when this was schedule they were going to SEC title games. Ohio is a bowl team and Louisville is an 8-9 win team each year.

Honorable mention:

Texas: has 2 games, Maryland although bad team usually they are power 5 and USC, maybe Texas should have played them a few years ago.
Clemson: Auburn and South Carolina are bowl teams
Ga Tech - UGA and Tennessee, both have been bowl attenders lately and UGA has talent.
Pitt - Oklahoma state and Penn State... 2 stout teams
Cal- North Carolina and Ole Miss (Although Ole miss will maybe be a shell of itself this season)
Florida: Michigan and FSU
FSU: Alabama has been ranked #1 at some point in the season every season since 2008. Florida up and down but SEC lEast champs
UGA- Notre Dame and Ga Tech
USC- Clemson and NC State

Might get some talk :

LSU - Syracuse and BYU might help their SOS but not a powerful OOC

TheNorm

For someone that is basically a mouth for the SEC, Paul Finebaum sure does have Michigan and Harbaugh's dick in his mouth a lot.  :P

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/854447545107533824
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on April 18, 2017, 07:02:57 PM
For someone that is basically a mouth for the SEC, Paul Finebaum sure does have Michigan and Harbaugh's dick in his mouth a lot.  :P

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/854447545107533824

And you fell for it. I listened to him for years, knew his former radio partner personally(Bob Lochamy), only met Paul a few times, he does this to generate talk and listeners. When he just commented on sports, he was never more than a local sport dude. When he let callers talk shit to each other, became a cross between TMZ, Jerry Springer, and Howard stern, He did this to increase his Big 10 presence. I bet you he goes to ESPN proper soon because of stunts like this. Do like I do and ignore him. I no longer listen to his show, and listen to local sports radio and its much better. If you listen to his show, you will notice he has no sports knowledge. Cannot break down a sports play to save his life.

rollntider

rollntider

Mark May part of the layoffs. I liked him on ESPN.... Danny Kannell could not be fired fast enough. He was a paul finebaum wanna be.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on April 27, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
Mark May part of the layoffs. I liked him on ESPN.... Danny Kannell could not be fired fast enough. He was a paul finebaum wanna be.

I don't take much pleasure in people losing their jobs, they've got family too; that being said, I really don't have much sympathy for Kannell losing his though. Good grief ESPN cut a lot of talent (Ed Werder, Chantel Jennings, Pierre Lebrun and most of their NHL staff).
...and yet a no talent assclown like Stephen A. Smith still has a job. Screw ESPN.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on April 27, 2017, 11:58:19 PM
Quote from: rollntider on April 27, 2017, 08:22:26 PM

I don't take much pleasure in people losing their jobs, they've got family too; that being said, I really don't have much sympathy for Kannell losing his though. Good grief ESPN cut a lot of talent (Ed Werder, Chantel Jennings, Pierre Lebrun and most of their NHL staff).
...and yet a no talent assclown like Stephen A. Smith still has a job. Screw ESPN.

I agree everyone has to eat. But Kannell was just an ass to be an ass. I like Galloway and Herbstriet. Did Howard get retained? I liked him also.  Screw smith also.

TheNorm

So if you hadn't noticed, Michigan had the most draft picks in this past weekend's NFL draft. Former Minnesota HC and now FSU TE Coach Tim Brewster wasn't too impressed, apparently. Of course, you knew Jim Harbaugh would respond.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/jim-harbaugh-trolls-fsu-assistant-tim-brewster-snarky-nfl-draft-tweet/nraxcgykla315sxr8smk2tgj

As for me, I couldn't help but remind Brewster that as head coach of Minnesota, he lost to Michigan and Rich Rodriguez in 2008 - a year the Wolverines went 3-9 and won only two games in the Big Ten.

https://twitter.com/TheNorm41/status/860142784686288897

I guess he didn't like that too much.  :P

rollntider

you guys edged us out by one. I felt Dieter should have been drafted but it is what it is. Congrats on getting 11 guys to the league.

rollntider

https://twitter.com/EarlyGirlSC/status/876437666677608448

When you watching the national title game and want to pull for both teams

rollntider

not football related other than the apparel..but those LSU gurls tho....

https://twitter.com/OleMissNoProb/status/884804183878184963