News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2018 College/Pro Pick 'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaima1shu

Week 16 (Earliest Game Thursday December 13 @ 8:20pm ET)

NCAA
Utah State v. North Texas
Arizona State v. #21 Fresno State
Georgia Southern v. Eastern Michigan
Middle Tennessee State v. Appalachian State
Spotlight Game: Division II National Championship - Valdosta State v. Ferris State

NFL
Los Angeles Chargers @ Kansas City (Thursday Night)
Green Bay @ Chicago
Tampa Bay @ Baltimore
New England @ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Carolina

cflnut

NCAA
Spotlight Game: Division II National Championship - Valdosta State v. Ferris State

NFL
Green Bay @ Chicago
Tampa Bay @ Baltimore
New England @ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Carolina
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

NCAA

NFL
Green Bay @ Chicago
Tampa Bay @ Baltimore
New England@ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Carolina

TheNorm

NCAA

NFL
Green Bay @ Chicago
Tampa Bay @ Baltimore
New England @ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Carolina

Note that I have KC picked for Thursday night. Will fill in the other ones once I get home to an actual computer later. 👍🏽

EDIT: ...and done
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Valdosta State won 49-47
Fresno won 31 to 20
Georgia Southern Won 23-21
App State won 45-13
Utah State won 52-13

Chargers won 29-28
Chi 14-13
Pit 17-10
Bal 20-12

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on December 17, 2018, 12:05:19 AM
Valdosta State won 49-47
Fresno won 31 to 20
Georgia Southern Won 23-21
App State won 45-13
Utah State won 52-13

Chargers won 29-28
Chi 14-13
Pit 17-10
Bal 20-12

Thanks, that'll make it easier for me tomorrow. Gotta wait for this dang Monday night game.

Looks like you picked up the one point you needed to tie me back up. I went with my heart instead of my brain on that NE pick, I just can't put myself in a position to root for Pittsburgh, even for my own self interest, haha.

Grabbed another point up on Rigg though, and have a chance to pick up one on CFL as long as NO does it's business. This is a tight race!

rollntider

was trying to help you guys.  I enjoyed the pick'em regardless of the outcome.
Thanks to you guys for doing this.

TheNorm

All I'm hearing is that I need to find some tough games for the next few weeks. 😈
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

...and FYI, since I was looking ahead: Week 17 for the NFL season is Sunday, December 30. There's at least five bowl games the 1-2 days before that Sunday, including the two College Playoff games which I can guarantee will be Spotlight Games on their own (yes, there will be at least two that week). Also realized that looking back at the rules I posted on page one, I never did specify when this contest ends. On that note, any objections to going straight through to the Super Bowl? Granted once college football wraps up there won't be many games left, but if the games are being played we might as well use them is my thought. If there are any objections though, now's the time to bring it up.

The bowl games that take place on January 1st as well as the College Football Playoff Championship will be rolled into the following week with Wild Card weekend.

I can also assure you that this will be a bit more streamlined next season. This has been a ton of fun from my end (moving and computer issues aside), and you guys have been great. Props to all of you for making this first season fun.

BojackHorsefella

I had just assumed we'd continue through the Super Bowl, and I'd be fine with that. I also like the game selections, I'd have been tempted to pick the flashiest if I was in charge, so it's a good thing I'm not. The games keep me on my toes, there's always a few I have to put some thought into.

BojackHorsefella

Buc - 105 total, 11/16 spotlight (9 points this week) WHY DID I PICK NE STUPID STUPID STUBBORN STUPID

Tider - 105 total, 11/16 spotlight (10 points this week)

CFL - 104 total, 9/16 spotlight (8 total points this week)

Rigg - 102 total, 11/16 spotlight (8 points this week)

Thai - 96 total, 8/16 spotlight (7 points this week)

Norm - 90 total, 8/16 spotlight (6 points this week)

Crewe - 82 total, 8/16 spotlight (6 point this week)

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

I will say, as it's an exhibition game, if we do end up playing until the Super Bowl I would NOT want to have to pick the Pro Bowl.

Thank you, good night and good luck.

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on December 18, 2018, 12:29:00 PM
I will say, as it's an exhibition game, if we do end up playing until the Super Bowl I would NOT want to have to pick the Pro Bowl.

Thank you, good night and good luck.

Lol, never even considered that "game".