News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Which game

Started by Crewe, November 18, 2015, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

should I buy?
I'm looking for one.  It seems I always think a game will be good but then when it is released, reviews are meh.
So, that said, strike any game that is online only/. I know this is the big thing now, but not me.
*Edit to add, something like a golf game online would be acceptable as its a more controlled experience.
Doesnt really matter which genre.
Keep in mind, doesnt have to be really new since I don't buy often.
Just cant get into the Batman games, doesnt work for me....I know, Im the only one.
I hear the soccer is really good, but I doubt I would get full enjoyment out of that as much as I do say, baseball or football, when there was a football game.
Ones I was intersted in hearing about upon release but never followed up on were;
Mad Max, NHL, UFC, NBA, WWE, MGS, Fallout and all the other FPS, I think there was another COD or two?
Or, is there something coming up I need to wait for?

TheNorm

Dude, I can loan you WWE if you want. Hit me up via PM if you're interested!  8) FIFA 16 is awesome too, but I haven't played it in a few weeks-not from lack of interest but lack of time plus other games to play.
NHL just feels the same to me so...haven't played NBA 2K16 but I want to. Same with Fallout 4.
Will probably pick up Uncharted 4 once it comes out next year but I know you're not a fan of those games either (good grief you're picky  :P ).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol I know I am! Actually, I like Uncharted, just didnt like the last one..even the second one was somewhat underwhelming.
It's hard to determine whats good because many times there so much hoopla pre release but then not so much after, then I forget about em. Same way with movies, there's just so many, its hard to extract the good ones through all the BS.
I've always wanted to try NBA, but I always here "it's not quite there yet" so I keep waiting for it to reach a crescendo, but realistically, I guess it never will.
Im thinking Fallout, but then I thought the same with Mad Max and COD whatever the latest and Metal Gear Solid

rollntider

Mad max looks good and played a bit over at a friends. It will be on my future list to get.

Crewe

Yea, and as a max fan, that one kinda sticks out to me.
OT, I noticed I used "here" in my post, cannot believe i did that. I never....well, now I have to say, almost never do that

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on November 20, 2015, 01:08:46 AM
Yea, and as a max fan, that one kinda sticks out to me.
OT, I noticed I used "here" in my post, cannot believe i did that. I never....well, now I have to say, almost never do that

Dont do it again :P

got Mad max ordered... cant wait to play that

Crewe

I still haven't bought a game yet lol
Almost picked up BF 4, but I already see promos for COD with another one due out, so it seems I'm in a perpetual state of waiting for the next great thing.
Tried Mad Max yet?

TheNorm

Picked up NBA 2K16 a few days ago, and while I'm not a fan of the NBA product nowadays (college hoops>NBA by a wide margin), this game is a blast. Bottom line is this: if sports games were made with the care that The Show and the NBA 2K series are given (notice what company doesn't run those properties? Kiss my ass EA), we'd be in sports gaming heaven.

Madden has taken a couple of steps in the right direction (but compared to those two above has a very long way to go), and I've enjoyed FIFA although that may be due to me not having played either of those franchises in years. I wish NHL would open back up to 2K Sports because EA is just wasting it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Agreed. I havent played a game as complete as the show.
Keep me posted on nba, setiously.
I hear nhl made a serious rebound, no pun intended.
Otherwise i can just procrastinate 4 more months and the show will be out lol

TheNorm

Not really satisfied with NHL at all to be quite honest with you. Every game feels the same no matter what team you're playing, and that gets stale after awhile. Also the same gripe that's been had for a couple of years: feels like there's very little separation between the superstars and the 4th liners. No offense but I shouldn't be pulling off the same dekes with Luke Glendening that I can pull off with Pavel Datsyuk.

Crewe

That, is good info.
Keep up the eports 😉