News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Hideo Kojima launches a new studio

Started by Sakura, December 16, 2015, 09:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakura

After an ominous message was left at the end of the Silent Hills playable teaser (aka P.T.) Konami had a melt down and destroyed every reference to Kojima that they could, including removing his name from the games to which he'd created (namely Metal Gear Solid 5 and The Phantom Pain).  The message seemed like it was more than just a random blurb in the teaser, but some people ignored it as just atmospheric noise in the background.

QuoteDad was such a drag. Every day he'd eat the same kind of food, dress the same, sit in front of the same kind of games... Yeah, he was just that kind of guy. But then one day, he goes and kills us all! He couldn't even be original about the way he did it. I'm not complaining... I was dying of boredom anyway, But guess what? I will be coming back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me.

When the Konami move went down some people (including myself) came to the conclusion that the message was from Kojima to people who wanted to see Silent Hills and PT telling them not to worry, that the legendary Kojima wasn't done yet.  Lo and behold, we fast forward to a recent video released by SOE and Kojima.  A partnership between "Playstation" and Kojima leads to a new studio.  Can't wait to see what's in store.  Obviously he can't work on anything titled Metal Gear or Silent Hill(s) so whatever he's going to come up with will be something new (or a continuation to an IP that Sony themselves owns).