The Official Awesomeness of Jim Harbaugh Thread (thread title changed)

Started by rollntider, April 01, 2015, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I hope Michigan is the standard in the big10 and Urban leaves to dominate the Pac12 or big12 lol
I say that because Urban had heart issues all of a sudden after the SEC caught up to him, I bet he bolts once Michigan and MSU are the top 2 teams

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Ohio State AD Gene Smith made a comment a few days ago about Michigan's satellite camps, something to the effect of "if I were trying to jumpstart a program I'd do the same thing too."

Naturally, it didn't take long for Coach Harbaugh to respond in epic fashion.

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/712441743359266816

The AD apologized the next day, insisting he wasn't trying to "discredit our rival". Full story below...but damn I love that our head coach doesn't back down from anyone. :)

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/03/ohio_states_gene_smith_apologi.html

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

LOL Go get 'em Jim. I wonder how long the NCAA bans the camps though. I think there is nothing wrong with them.

TheNorm

rollntider

TheNorm

I didn't take part in the festivities last night, but by all accounts this midnight release looked like a party of epic proportions...especially when Coach Harbaugh himself showed up. Feels good to be part of the Nike/Jumpman family again.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/08/01/after-years-absence-nike-arrives-michigan-style/87903122/

...and looks like Nike just released photos of the football cleats too. They look sharp - I want a non-cleat pair of these!  :woot:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/08/01/michigan-football-nike-cleats/87909860/

https://twitter.com/drakeharris14/status/760122811016941568

rollntider