News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 pro football thread

Started by rollntider, February 09, 2020, 11:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Since the new xfl has kicked off. So has anyone checked it out yet? I really like the games yesterday. Hope this league does well.

TheNorm

It was enjoyable enough and I'll watch it again. Not as campy as XFL 1.0 was, and I like some of the different rules for kickoff and XP tries.

I really do want this league to succeed.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

i do also, I enjoyed the AAF but it was missing something. XFL seems like it has that something it was missing.

Rigg44

I have watched two games.  The quality of football seems to be there and I do like some of the innovative rules. So far I hope it makes it. 

Crewe

I haven't watched yet, but I hope it finally provides some competition to the NFL

TheNorm

Things that don't change: Jerry Jones is still a petty fucking idiot.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-jones-no-cowboys-ring-of-honor-for-jimmy-johnson-in-2020-231215502.html

Jimmy Johnson is pretty much the only reason that team won three Super Bowl rings under Jones (that Switzer win is still Jimmy's team IMO, dude was a clown otherwise). Also fairly certain this isn't news to anyone here.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I just cant...dont even tempt me with Jones.

Ok, Ill bite....
For this that absolve Jones, Ill just say this; the ONLY constant, the one single thing in every single season that is absolutely the same since the last Super Bowl win, is him.
I dont care what anyone says, Johnson was the reason the Cowboys won, period. He set the wheels in motion on the great train robbery, he utilized the draft picks, he built that team.
And that jackass Switzer...that Okie dolt cost the Cowboys 4 in a row, period. His antics in that SF championship game gave the team a crucial penalty and....ok, never mind. but fuck the both of them.
Always and forever. Seriously.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on February 29, 2020, 07:05:47 AM
Things that don't change: Jerry Jones is still a petty fucking idiot.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-jones-no-cowboys-ring-of-honor-for-jimmy-johnson-in-2020-231215502.html

Jimmy Johnson is pretty much the only reason that team won three Super Bowl rings under Jones (that Switzer win is still Jimmy's team IMO, dude was a clown otherwise). Also fairly certain this isn't news to anyone here.
agreed

BojackHorsefella

https://mobile.twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1248645590948417536

Not surprising considering what's currently happening. I didn't watch, but if the league had to fail, sucks it had to be this way. I imagine the startup costs were just too much to deal with the current lack of revenue.

Crewe

I agree. I was actually enjoying this XFL version.
Maybe they will be able to start up again next year.

TheNorm

Now that's a bummer. Really enjoyed watching the XFL this time around and thought it could stick around a bit.

rollntider

Well I had hopes for the XFL and AAF and it sucks they are done. Both didnt even last a full season. And If you had asked me which one would have lasted longer i would had said the XFL.

TheNorm

I really do think the XFL had a good shot at going long term, but 'rona took care of that. No league starting up could've survived that.

TheNorm

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-jones-will-be-alone-and-unsupervised-when-the-cowboys-make-their-draft-picks-145433831.html?utm_campaign=yahoosports&utm_medium=social&utm_content=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Knowing that Jerry Jones alone will be making the pick brings me great joy; odds are he'll fuck this up even worse than Bob Quinn from the Lions will. 🤣🤣