News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

For Honor

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 17, 2019, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Anyone download this when it was free back in February on PS Plus? I downloaded it in the "be safe, in case I want to play it" type of way, then in March started actually playing it, and now my brother and I group on nearly every day online to play it. Highly addicted.

It's a fighting game, with 3 factions (although they've sort of added a 4th): Vikings, Knights, Samurai.

The fighting style is easy to learn, as there's 2 side attacks and a top attack, and you can throw a light or a heavy, as well as choosing to do a "dodge forward" or "dodge sideways" attack for many characters as well. There's 4 classes: Vanguard, which are your solid all-around types, assassins which tend to be faster but have less HP, Heavies, which are pretty much what they sound like, and then Hybrid.

Anyways, if anyone wants to give this one a shot, let me know. I'd be more than happy to group up and go through the ropes.

I recorded this last night (apologize for linking to Reddit, I only go to that site for the FH subreddit to stay informed of the updates they make to the game), and it was super cool. There's an event going on right now for a "Realistic Dominion" mode, which is basically just "King of the Hill," with your 3 capture points and you get points there more capture points you have, typical stuff.

The realistic bit comes in because there's no HUD. There's no radar, normally there's an indicator on your enemies of what side their attacks are coming from, but there's none of that in Realistic. Which makes some these parries (which were complete luck) that much more difficult. Anyways:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/bpmp4b/made_them_earn_it/

Crewe

I haven't heard of it.
After watching your video, my first thought was, this is always me in a fight: Down to my last breath, screen is blood red thumping, telling me Im almost done and me, running for my life, fleeing from the melee trying to lure out onesy twosy guys so I can go one on one or two lol

TheNorm

Honestly can't remember if I downloaded this or not...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

I've had this since shortly after it's release. I still play it off and on.

I will say that this is one of the easier fighting games to learn, however it can be really frustrating at times.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/c2pub2/give_me_the_freaking_shield_banner/

I love this game so much.

So, background:

1) big cauldron fight (on defense, you have a cauldron that you can dump on the Ram once it's at your gate. You want to use it, Attackers do not want you to), almost no health. Thought I could run, get the speed boost (there are one attack, shield and speed boost little portal things on each map), and grab the banner (the banner allows you to shield either the Ram or the Gate, depending on if you're defense or offense. You'll see it show up on the Gate as a gold bar once it's placed). Saw the boost was gone but also saw the enemies going for the banner, so I stuck around and it worked out.

Killed the Raider and the Shaman (with help) after the clip ends, then promptly died falling off the zipline on my way to the health. FML

2) check out the gate health, and the Ram Attack Bar. (so, the Ram has to charge it's attack before it hits the gate. That's the little white bar that fills up underneath it. When the bar is red and there's a red square, it means the Ram is stopped, likely due to my teammates either using the cauldron or going down to the Ram and killing the other team's minions).

BojackHorsefella

Alright, here's my attempt to build a little For Honor coalition:

Game's on sale via two ways on PS Store right now. The base game is on sale for $7.50. If you want to get on, play a little, try it out, this is the best way right now.

If you want to make a bigger, longer term commitment already, the Complete Edition, normally $100, is on sale for $25. This unlocks all the characters, includes customization, Arcade Mode (a solo or co-op quest-based game mode) and "Champions Boost" for extra XP as you play.

Additionally, on August 6, changes which they live beta-tested last year are going into effect, and these changes are massive changes to the base gameplay, which means now is the perfect time to join up and get a feel for the game, because everyone's going to be on the same page come August 6.

Mind you, I love this game for how unique it is. It can be very, very fun, it can also be very, very frustrating (although, having played in the beta, I believe the changes on August 6 will greatly help that second part).

I've been playing Apex lately because I don't really have anyone who plays For Honor, so I'm making this push with my friends too, haha, but it really is the perfect opportunity to check out a game that really has no equal, for all of its pros and cons. And it's definitely more fun to play with a person. The biggest game mode is 4 v 4, at most I've only had my brother to play the game with, would be super cool and I imagine a lot more fun to actually have a team of 4 people.

TheNorm

While I'd love to try it out, I've got enough of a backlog to keep me busy for months on end...thanks for the heads up though.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr