UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/MGoFish/status/921568549021388800

Can Michigan upset Penn State at night in Happy Valley? Absolutely, with that defense anything is possible.

Will they? No, because offensively they're a mess.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on August 05, 2017, 01:43:02 PM
Michigan ranked 9th after losing at least nine starters on the defense from 2016 and a whole batch of their skill position players on offense to graduation and the draft...I dig it. A lot of questions about this team but I see 10-2 with the coaching staff in place.

Delete your account
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Did Franklin try to run another play as time was expiring? I heard that he was trying to punch in one more TD in the final 20 seconds and the play clock was at 25. To me scoring another TD is not as embarrassing as taking a knee in the final seconds.

If so he is continuing his trashy behavior he had at Vandy.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on October 23, 2017, 03:50:12 PM
Did Franklin try to run another play as time was expiring? I heard that he was trying to punch in one more TD in the final 20 seconds and the play clock was at 25. To me scoring another TD is not as embarrassing as taking a knee in the final seconds.

If so he is continuing his trashy behavior he had at Vandy.

I have no idea, didn't catch most of the game anyway. By the time I was able to sit down and watch (end of 3rd, early 4th), I saw O'Korn fumble the ball on a sack with the Nittany Lions recovering. Went to baseball after that and didn't regret it one bit.

TheNorm

TheNorm

Can't stand either Pedo State or the buckeyes, but that was one hell of a game and 4th quarter today. Wow.

rollntider

And Pedo State and OSU don't disappoint 2 weeks in a row LOL.  That OSU game though.... ouch.

rollntider

TheNorm

Well, at least I won't have to worry about seeing a Big Ten team absolutely embarrass themselves in the CFP this year.

TheNorm

Currently watching the Michigan/Maryland game on BTN. The more and more I hear Glen Mason speak, the harder I find it to believe that at one time a college actually gave this man money to be a head coach.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on November 11, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Well, at least I won't have to worry about seeing a Big Ten team absolutely embarrass themselves in the CFP this year.

Whisky still gives you a shot, and the way this season is going, they could win it all.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on November 11, 2017, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on November 11, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Whisky still gives you a shot, and the way this season is going, they could win it all.

Yeah, of course the rest of the afternoon would unleash more chaos after I posted that. But Wisky will lose at least once in the next three weeks, getting smoked by whichever team comes out of the East in the Conference Championship. They also have one of the softest schedules in the country; Michigan will easily be the toughest test they've had this coming Saturday. 

Impressed by Miami's dismantling of ND.

TheNorm

From 2016:

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/705472074517708800

...Butch Jones didn't take the advice. But hey, the Brady Hoke clap-meter should make its return!

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/929756548045434881

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on November 12, 2017, 12:21:09 PM
From 2016:

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/705472074517708800

...Butch Jones didn't take the advice. But hey, the Brady Hoke clap-meter should make its return!

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/929756548045434881

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/929562801177288711

https://twitter.com/CfieldsVFL/status/929584488102944768

The funny thing is Dooley was like 5-7 that year and beat a 10 win Cincy team. Never understood the Jones hire.