News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 Pro Football thread

Started by rollntider, February 21, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on January 14, 2018, 05:38:34 PM

Perfect.

In other news, I've heard Joe Buck call Case Keenum a "franchise QB" and say he's playing "Favre-esque."

Case Keenum. Franchise QB.

Words no longer have meaning in 2018.

Right up there with "Blake Bortles drops 45 on Steelers in Pittsburgh, Jaguars advance to AFC Championship Game". Out of all the outlandish shit I've expected to see in 2018 (keep in mind the time we live in now, I can imagine a lot), this is something I didn't expect.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 14, 2018, 05:38:34 PM

Perfect.

In other news, I've heard Joe Buck call Case Keenum a "franchise QB" and say he's playing "Favre-esque."

Case Keenum. Franchise QB.

Words no longer have meaning in 2018.

To be fair, it is Joe Buck. Nothing he says should ever matter, beatnik

Crewe

btw, Im soooo glad we have those cutaways to the studio so they can tell me whats coming up at halftime or postgame.
they are going to review the games? No shit?
ive been watching this happen for 40+ years...Im starting to think this will become a thing  :popcorn:

Crewe

Watching in real timed Icant believe the Vikes are so happy, they just lost the game.
1:29 and a timeout for Brees? Down 23-21
Easy peasy.
Lets see..
From NO 20
1d - overthrow
2nd - complete over the middle to NO 43

1d Complete to MN 48 (:55 sec left)

1d incomplete
2d incomplete on flag route...why not run a screen or flare in the flat? they dont need that much
3d incomplete same route same throw
:45 sec
4d Caught by Snead at 33, out of bounds. Game over

:40 sec
1d complete to 30 out of bounds
2d Caught at 25 TO MN with :33 left. Review catch, upheld
3d run for a yard TO MN
4d 29 secs left 43 yard FGA is good. No 24-23

Game.

Thats the thing about Case as much as I like him, he throws it up under pressure. He makes a lot fo good plays in this manner but also some bad ones. All the way back in the Cougar days this was the....case ll Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Crewe

WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!
Are you SHITTING ME???

I aam speechless.

TheNorm

OMG I WAS PULLING FOR THE SAINTS HERE BUT WHAT A FINISH

TheNorm

BojackHorsefella

TheNorm

TheNorm

This is something I like to see, because we all know with social media people tend to take the opposite route and be threatening assholes. It's still just a game, and Marcus Williams doesn't have the fate of the free world in his hands. Seeing this truly makes me happy.

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/952944515291275266

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 14, 2018, 08:28:01 PM
Why I don't bet on sports, reason #8675309

https://twitter.com/LastWordOnNFL/status/952711238592749568

I always love the people that blame the game...as if they are some sort of human computer than can predict whats supposed to happen. Well, if it wasn't for this or that that was supposed to happen yada yada yada lol

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 15, 2018, 01:34:48 PM
This is something I like to see, because we all know with social media people tend to take the opposite route and be threatening assholes. It's still just a game, and Marcus Williams doesn't have the fate of the free world in his hands. Seeing this truly makes me happy.

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/952944515291275266

its so petulant the way people behave. I remember Matt Schaub and his family getting death threats. For what?
I just cant believe I share the planet with these assholes.