UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019 Pro Football Thread

Started by rollntider, February 25, 2019, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Crewe

That Texans game was tense!
I enjoyed watching Allen and Watson duel. Bills were unstoppable in the first half but but couldn't do enough in the second, although that kickoff fiasco should have been a safety.
Only reason I disliked it was now, BoB, having beat the Pats and winning a WC game just added years to his tenure, long enough for him to waste the prime of Watson and Hopkins..

I knew the Pats weren't great and the Titans weren't all that bad but I didn't expect a Tennessee win.
I loved seeing Bellicheck out-Bellichecked by his former player. Honestly, he should be proud. Norm I bet Kraft is heading over to handy town  :D

TheNorm

Saints get jobbed on a pass interference two years in a row? Impressive.

It'll be even more fun to see next season as a Lions fan when Hockenson does it and subsequently gets flagged for it. This f'ing league lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 05, 2020, 04:47:13 PM
Saints get jobbed on a pass interference two years in a row? Impressive.

It'll be even more fun to see next season as a Lions fan when Hockenson does it and subsequently gets flagged for it. This f'ing league lol

The league is such a joke and has been for decades.
Everyone acts like this is a new thing but its not. Things began to decline eons ago.
Every single year they keep adding more and more bullshit to the rulebook which creates more and more loopholes an more importantly, imparts refs to interpret vague rules.
It's only going to get worse. Especially in this era of Corporate America protecting it's interests at all costs via monopolization.
NFL doesn't give a fuck about you or anyone else because they know that no matter how bad it gets, fans will continue to tune in because there is no other viable option.
Basically, tune in, bitch about, hate us, whatever, but tune in you will.

I had to add this via edit because I just thought Idpoint out an observation I had about how fans are so narrow minded about ref calls.
So some fans were adamant that the Bills be awarded a safety (or TD) on that kickoff flub because despite the "common sense" call that he obviously gave himself up, the rulebook specifically states how to give yourself up, he didnt abide by that, therefore Bills were robbed.
You cannot have the refs interpreting certain rules violations.

ok fine.

Same fans. Same fans after Saints game, that was not OPI in a playoff game! It was hand fighting, no PI call, legit TD.
ok, even though there is zero doubt he violated the rule, but the refs decided no. hmmm....

This is a huge part of the problem to me, not because of idiot narrow minded fans, but for the refs. Yea, they are terrible by and large, but at the same time, the league puts them in a horrible position.
Each year, they have long standing rules they are going to intermittently enforce from year to year depending on what happens that particular season, ala blindside blocks.
The league will say, let this kind f foul go, but call this one tighter, but it revolves around PI and holding calls mostly which are all interpreted calls to begin with. Therefore its hard for the refits develop any continuity across the league.

Another complaint of mine, which was mentioned in yesterdays game; early on that idiot Booger said something like there's 80 years of ref experience on the field, implying these guys are the best. Minutes later they fuck up the kick off return.
I dont like the idea of these All Star ref crews. They pull individuals from different crews based on ratings throughout the season and create a new crew.
That decent work, these guys have zero chemistry. They all bring a different idea about how a game should be called and it creates a confused unstable inconsistent crew.
Why not pick a crew who gels together and understands each other? Its just so obvious to me.
Why do you think All Star teams suck? They aren't used to being together, its a bunch of individuals, not a cohesive unit.
Anyway, fuck the NFL

TheNorm

Ravens in the playoffs? Nevermore.
*shows self to door*

Titans have a vibe right now...also nice knowing the Lions interviewed Vrabel before going with the bumbling idiot they have now. Good times.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I knew this was going to happen today because I picked the Vikings and Ravens.
Everyone look at my picks tomorrow, place your bets and thank me later

BojackHorsefella

My buddy says Derrick Henry was created in a lab specifically to ruin the Pats and Ravens, and you know, I can't say that he's wrong.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1216361099131609088

Missed seeing this yesterday, but this is pretty damn cool and well deserved.

Crewe

That Cower clip was cool.

I came in to say, as of now, its 24-7 HOU with 8:50 left in the first half, but the Texans will lose this game having led 24-0

Crewe

lol its been what, 4 minutes? Its now 24-21

Crewe

lol 28-24 and its not even half time yet

BojackHorsefella

Crewe, go get yourself some alcohol. They've earned it for you.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2020, 04:12:04 PM

I came in to say, as of now, its 24-7 HOU with 8:50 left in the first half, but the Texans will lose this game having led 24-0

Romo said it: momentum changed when Houston settled for three at 4th and a foot in the redzone. Still expecting even more crazy shit, but man...

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 12, 2020, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2020, 04:12:04 PM

Romo said it: momentum changed when Houston settled for three at 4th and a foot in the redzone. Still expecting even more crazy shit, but man...

yep, those little things are why BoB isn't a great coach. That 4th down they attempted but failed, I actually like the call, but agree with Romo, they waited.
way too long plus it was a great open field tackle. One guy, he misses, its possibly a TD.

No need to buc, I was prepared lol

41 unanswered

TheNorm

Bill O'Brien needs to be canned.

Go Seahawks. Please.