News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Warmachine Tactics

Started by rollntider, June 12, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

this may be a day one purchase but I have to see the reviews. So pissed I did not kickstart it.

Luggnutz

Looks awesome bro. Is there a preorder for it  available ?

rollntider

not sure if there is a pre order. I know the divnity LOS  had one after their kickstarter.

Sakura

There is an early access on Steam for $60.  No, it's not worth buying at this time.  The game updates slowly, and right now it's mostly not there.  Check the early access page for all the negative reviews, there's plenty of flowery smoke up the ass reviews, but when buying anything early access on Steam, trust the negative more than the positive.

rollntider

As much as I love warmachine, this will be a steam summer sale type of buy for me.

Sakura

Just an FYI, there's a demo up on Steam now for Warmachine Tactics.  It caused IsThereAnyDeal to send me a notification telling me the game was now listed as free.  That's not really correct, it's still expensive (nowhere near as expensive as it was), but there's now a free demo.

rollntider

I once was stoked for this game, but not so much anymore. The figures don't retain their table top stats that made it fun.

Sakura

I figured that would be the case, just like Warhammer 40k didn't make a very smooth transition to RTS or TBS.  They nerf stuff to make it weaker because now the computer automatically does all the tedium for you, so their justification is if the computer is going to do it for you, there's no need for you the player to have such strong units because more turns still take less time than a standard game, etc.

rollntider

Dawn or war and DOW2 were good games. They did not try to be the board game, they tried to be a C&C type of game and it worked. Tactics is trying to be the table top game but with a twist... its not working for me

Sakura

Meant to post this earlier, the Humble Jumbo Bundle 6 has this game in it.  So you can pick it up for the price of $1.

https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-6

rollntider

the gameplay turned me off of it. thanks for the link