News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Burnout Paradise HD Remaster (Rumor)

Started by cflnut, January 05, 2018, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-24043-Burnout-Paradise-HD-Remaster-Spotted-on-Japanese-Retailer-Site.html

QuoteRecent reports are claiming that the popular racing game Burnout Paradise from EA could be getting an HD remaster for PlayStation 4 in Japan later this year similar to previous reports which claimed it'll also be heading to Xbox One this year as well.

According to Gematsu, a Japanese retailer listed 'Burnout Paradise HD Remaster (title tentative)' due to be released on 16th March for 4104 yen which is about £26/$36. In December a similar posting was spotted by Brazillian site Gamepress.br which listed the game for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with the 1st March as its release date.

Although this latest listing only has the game advertised for PlayStation 4 it would come as no surprise if it were to be released on Xbox One as well. EA is yet to comment on these listings so as per usual take this news with just a pinch of salt.

I sure hope that this is true. That game was so much fun, and would be f-ing awesome on the PS4.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

This game needs a worldwide release. Game was a classic.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

That would be great.
If we are talking revitalizing games, anyone remember Destruction Derby on the PS One? Such a fun game, I'd like to see that one redone

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 06, 2018, 02:45:30 AM
That would be great.
If we are talking revitalizing games, anyone remember Destruction Derby on the PS One? Such a fun game, I'd like to see that one redone
loved desteuction derby

Crewe

Yea, we should initiate a grassroots campaign to rehash that gem

BojackHorsefella

Destruction Derby was great, except you couldn't do multiplayer without linking TWO PlayStations together, which was weird.

cflnut

rollntider

Quote from: cflnut on February 20, 2018, 03:21:31 PM
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/20/burnout-paradise-gets-a-ps4-remaster-march-16/

It Official.  :woot:

Re-Release Date March 16.
heard it was 39.99 a bit pricey for me. I will wait for the $20 price point. I already own like 2 copies of it (ps3 and pc)

Crewe

damn son, you quick. I just came here to post that very thing

cflnut

Quote from: Crewe on February 20, 2018, 03:42:03 PM
damn son, you quick. I just came here to post that very thing

Slow day at work. I got nothing better to do then catch up on the latest game news.

Crewe

TheNorm

As long as they don't loot box the f*ck out of this like they've done with every game they've released lately, I'm all over this.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on February 22, 2018, 12:15:43 AM
As long as they don't loot box the f*ck out of this like they've done with every game they've released lately, I'm all over this.

ugh didnt think about that. I am tempted to get it at full price, but not if they loot box it.

cflnut

I doubt that they will since this is a remaster of the PS3 version, and will come with all the DLC included.

The only thing Loot Boxes would do in this game is to unlock the different vehicles. But since all can be unlocked through regular game play, the boxes would be kinda redundant.

But then again this is EA so you never know.  :D

TheNorm

Hey 'nut, have you checked your messages lately?  :popcorn: