News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Star Wars Battlefront

Started by cflnut, June 16, 2015, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

Crewe

Wandered into this thread before bedtime and now i cant sleep because I continually chuckle when i think nerdgasm

rollntider

I think one has to change pants after that happens

Sakura

That Battle of Hoth is fucking HYPE.  I wasn't gonna get this game, but now I'm actually considering it.

Sakura

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-a-campaign

So it's revealed that the game will not have a singleplayer campaign, which some people are griping about, but honestly why would you buy a game like Star Wars: Battlefront for the singleplayer campaign?  People buy these games to play with friends and people online, man.  I'm 100% okay with this.  Back in 1998/1999 I didn't get Quake III: Arena for its deep and intricate singleplayer, I got it to kick the crap out of people online!  Subsequently, I got my ass kicked more often than I kicked ass, but I digress...

I think my friend tried to dissuade me with this link, but this actually made my day, and the link even tells me something I didn't know: it's all about the ORIGINAL Trilogy, no prequel garbage.  Well I'm sold, I'm definitely planning to get this thing now.  Game doesn't come out til November, so I've got 5 months to upgrade my PSU and video card :D.

TheNorm

Fine, I'll buy it - you had me at Anna Kendrick.

Wait what?

:D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Pass. I dont do online. No adults

Sakura

In the end I decided not to buy it.  It's just as well, I just got into The Secret World and I'd rather play that anyway.

cflnut

I'm still debating on getting it. I don't really care much for FPS games. Especially when it comes to playing online with a bunch of whinny little brats who freak out when you ruin their kill/death ratio. But it's Star Wars and I did kinda enjoy the bata a bit.

Crewe

Quote from: cflnut on November 12, 2015, 11:53:07 PM
I'm still debating on getting it. I don't really care much for FPS games. Especially when it comes to playing online with a bunch of whinny little brats who freak out when you ruin their kill/death ratio. But it's Star Wars and I did kinda enjoy the bata a bit.

Exactly the sentiment i orated

thaima1shu

You guys shouldn't worry about the kids on voice chat because...voice chat isn't actually a function in this game. You can obviously use the party system to talk with anyone you're grouped with, but you won't ever actually hear anyone else in the game. So if that's your primary concern, it shouldn't be.

cflnut

Quote from: thaima1shu on November 17, 2015, 01:36:03 PM
You guys shouldn't worry about the kids on voice chat because...voice chat isn't actually a function in this game. You can obviously use the party system to talk with anyone you're grouped with, but you won't ever actually hear anyone else in the game. So if that's your primary concern, it shouldn't be.

It's not, as most games that do support voice chat allow you to mute the other players. My primary concern is the lack of skill I got in FPS online games. If there was ever an award for being the worst player in a match I'd get it every time.

TheNorm

Only played a few matches, but damn this game is fun - not having to mute prepubescent brats is also a plus. Besides, it's Star Wars so running around in this world (the graphics on the maps I've played in so far are amazing) is sweet. Just like every other online FPS, I still get killed a LOT. I'm okay with that; most matches I've had so far I haven't run into many blowouts and the skill level (so far, anyway) seems manageable.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Favorite mode in this game for me by far is Fighter Squadron - flying around in an X-Wing or a Tie Fighter is just a thrill. Also might help a bit that I don't totally suck at this mode as I do at the ground based Blast or Supremacy modes.