News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale 2017 starts 6-22-2017

Started by rollntider, June 22, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-summer-sale-dates-confirmed-by-paypal-the-fun-starts-this-week/

I will be posting deals as I can. I have a few I am hoping/ not hoping they put on sale. I want them but the wallet would cry.

rollntider

Going to give picks each day I can for the best $5 or less game I can find.

I plan on getting:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429390/XenoShyft/

its a deck building card game for the table top that you can play on the computer.
A few pluses for those not familiar, you can try this game out to see if you think it will be fun, then you can buy the table top version and also will teach you the game.
this will be bought by me. Its meets my $5 requirement and the board game is fun.
Get the deluxe version.

One I already own:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/46450/Grotesque_Tactics_Evil_Heroes/

Grotesque tactics for 1.99
I love this game.
It is a RPG, turn based, and sophomoric humor. It doesn't take itself seriously. I do think the sequel tried to hard to do the same thing but did not have the same magic. It was fun, but not the same experience. The 3rd one have not tried it yet. I don't think you can get a better game for the price(1st one) if you like turn based RPGs.
It costs $1.99  or you can get the trilogy for $3.99 (Havent played the 3rd one) but the first one had charm, fun factor. Its not the best graphics or bugless by any means. I played this game until I beat it, twice.

Feel free to post your choices.

Sakura

Thus far I've bought:
-Indie Game: The Movie: Special Edition ($3.5)
-AGP Epica ($1)
-Doom 3 pack ($3.5)

Might buy something else, might not, been considering a few things.

Sakura

I don't know why I just did it, but I bought:
-Strife: Veteran Edition
-Heretic/Hexen Pack
-Wolfenstein Pack
-Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition (Base Game+Soundtrack+Crimson Court DLC)

$32.27

Just friggin shoot me.

rollntider

you will love Darkest Dungeon.... or At least I think you might... its a good game.

Sakura

I think my biggest issue with the game is that it doesn't allow you to retreat to town until your mission is complete.  If it wasn't for the permadeath thing, that wouldn't bother me so much.  But I almost lost my plague master on his first mission.  Thankfully I spent most of my gold on food, thinking "I doubt I'll need this..."  Later on I ended up eating the whole friggin lot of rations to get the plague master back to half health, then when the scouting mission was over, I was like "to hell with the last room, there's probably a boss in there who will kill everyone."

Speaking of killing everyone, tell that stupid old man to stay out of the prayer booth in the abbey.  I can recover everyone's sanity except my paladin because the old asshat who does nothing is occupying the space.

Luggnutz

SO for my purchases from the Steam Sale

Sakura

So I bought Rage and the DLC, and The Basement Collection.  And I'm not going to spend anymore money on this sale!  Seriously, it's so hard to resist buying stuff.  I almost bought Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but I decided that it'd a good idea to buy it later instead.

rollntider

Quote from: Sakura on June 23, 2017, 08:21:38 PM
I think my biggest issue with the game is that it doesn't allow you to retreat to town until your mission is complete.  If it wasn't for the permadeath thing, that wouldn't bother me so much.  But I almost lost my plague master on his first mission.  Thankfully I spent most of my gold on food, thinking "I doubt I'll need this..."  Later on I ended up eating the whole friggin lot of rations to get the plague master back to half health, then when the scouting mission was over, I was like "to hell with the last room, there's probably a boss in there who will kill everyone."

Speaking of killing everyone, tell that stupid old man to stay out of the prayer booth in the abbey.  I can recover everyone's sanity except my paladin because the old asshat who does nothing is occupying the space.

that bastard is always in a room where i need a character to rest and I have to wait until next time.

I had a total party wipe and had to restart. I was making some mistakes and hoping learning from my previous issues I can beat the 2nd boss this time.

rollntider

Quote from: Luggnutz on June 24, 2017, 03:09:50 PM
SO for my purchases from the Steam Sale

Some of those I have not heard of. Kyn looks good let me know how it plays. I looked it up after your post and it looks good and its in the price range LOL.

I bought Dead Age and promptly requested a refund. Stay away from that POS. Only Game I ever requested a refund from steam.

rollntider

Sakura

That was in the Humble Jumbo Bundle a while back, never played it though.  It was featured at a GDQ event (possibly AGDQ 2017?).  Seems like a Sonic-inspired fan game.

rollntider

Sakura

Alright, I made my last purchases in the steam sale a few days ago.  They were Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Phantom Brave.  I've never played an NIS game before, but god damn is this game hitting all of my favorite aspects of TRPGs.  I used to spend countless hours in Final Fantasy Tactics (which should be hitting Steam by the end of the year, according to SQE) in chapter 1 making endgame parties, and in Disgaea you can kind of do that...  But it's a bit harder to do in chapter 1, because of how content scaling works.  If you successfully grind out and farm enough, I suppose you could start getting the Dark Assembly to start raising enemy levels...  But I think it would probably be better just to get yourself to Jotunheim (Episode 5).

Anyway, I could write huge huge posts about Disgaea, so instead I'll say "they're good games," and leave it at that.  If you're looking for games with a lot of replay and a lot of hours/$ to them, these games definitely have it.  If you like Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem, then consider giving it a go.

rollntider

Disgea always intrigued me, i will add it to my wish list... thanks already bought my quota for this sale.