Main Menu

2015 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Top25 poll released

A few things

Auburn after their play yesterday is not a top 25 team. Jax State left 18 points on the field Saturday. I watch that game.  If it wasnt for bone head coaching moves by the opposing coaches, the Barn is 0-2.

LSU is a good team not rated high enough, I dislike LSU but they are a good team...

Mizzou is over rated also

A&M should be rated higher

SEC east outside of Georgia is weak.

Fun Fact:

Tennessee's coach Butch Davis is 13-14 at UT, Derek Dooley had the same record while at UT during this time frame.
Derek Dooley was losing close games and fans were calling for his head, Butch loses close games and everything is a building process. I think they have accepted losing.

TheNorm

Didn't get to see any college games this weekend, but it looks like the SEC didn't have a great one. Bret Bielema should worry more about his own schedule instead of bashing the schedule of another.  :P
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 14, 2015, 09:37:06 AM
Didn't get to see any college games this weekend, but it looks like the SEC didn't have a great one. Bret Bielema should worry more about his own schedule instead of bashing the schedule of another.  :P

Yeah the SEC is over rated. I am nervous about the Ole miss Game this weekend.

Bret Bielema LOL what a douche nozzle. Just because he is in the SEC does not make him elite.

TheNorm

Texas is set to fire AD Steve Patterson today.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/15/texas-athletic-director-steve-patterson-fired

Good move for the Longhorns. There are a lot of similarities between this and Dave Brandon's tenure at Michigan in regards to alienating a large group of long-time supporters/former players.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Seems like every school goes through that, a dumb ass AD. We have had our share.

rollntider

Well, the annual keystone cops/ Larry Curly Moe fiasco happened yesterday. It was the first time Ole Miss beat Bama back to back ever, and 2nd time ever to beat us at Bryant Denny.

With 5 turnovers it was hard to over come especially with plays like this.....

You play the play right and they still make it. Shades of A&M and Manziel. We gave up 24 points to turnovers deep in our own territory and cause 3 of those TO's ourself. with 10 minutes left we were losing 43-24 and had better stats sans the turn overs.

They are a team you cannot screw up and expect to win. We could have survived several of the miscues, but in the end all of them added up and give Kudos to Ole Miss, they seized what was given and are the victors.

I do feel good this team has fight in it, It looked hopeless when the score was 30- 7 and brought life back in to make it 30-24, and then crazy shenanigans ensued and it was 43 to 24 just like that.
Shenanigans

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/645455566685536256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

notice the linemen downfield and WRS engaging in blocks 6 yards past the LOS the play was overturned because the QB had a foot behind the line. Wrong call was made, lineman down the field our DBs pulled up and went after the runner and boom wide open WRs.
Oh well, hopefully we got that out of our system.

:rtr:

Crewe

Thats that cheesy pop pass virus goin around.

TheNorm

Ole Miss deserves to be #1...and I'm not just saying that because the current #1 is a shithole of a state and #2 wishes they were Michigan's biggest rival.

Okay, maybe just a little bit...but still. The Nuts had to hold off a challenge from NIU at home, and the cow college hardly looked impressive against Air Force. Ole Miss walked into Alabama at night and punched them in the mouth. That's a statement win helluva lot more impressive than the Spartans holding off Oregon at home the week before.

And damn, the state of Alabama did not have a good weekend...so much for thinking Auburn was any good. And Leonard Fournette will be what keeps the Heisman Trophy out of Columbus this season. That was one hell of a performance.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 21, 2015, 11:07:18 PM
Ole Miss deserves to be #1...and I'm not just saying that because the current #1 is a shithole of a state and #2 wishes they were Michigan's biggest rival.

Okay, maybe just a little bit...but still. The Nuts had to hold off a challenge from NIU at home, and the cow college hardly looked impressive against Air Force. Ole Miss walked into Alabama at night and punched them in the mouth. That's a statement win helluva lot more impressive than the Spartans holding off Oregon at home the week before.

And damn, the state of Alabama did not have a good weekend...so much for thinking Auburn was any good. And Leonard Fournette will be what keeps the Heisman Trophy out of Columbus this season. That was one hell of a performance.

Dude, have you not paid attention? Auburn is not even the 4th best team in the state. jacksonville State screwed up their victory last week and let auburn escape.They left 18 points on the field.

LSU is good but my God, my son's pee wee team from 6 years ago could take that team to overtime.

Auburn is playing the same kind of defense they had the past 5 years (since Cam) the difference is they do not have a running QB that can make that offense scary. Cam and Nick both could do a read option play, Jeremy Johnson sucks....He can't run or throw.

Ole Miss I underrated them, but we are not a great team this year (could we get better?) I think we lose one more :(  Ole Miss might win the west. We need a RT, RG and QB and we could be elite.

LSU is pretty good.

I would not read to much into the NIU game, A lot of top teams have a down game.... they will be back. If not it could be a long season.

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2015/9/22/9370081/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-week-three

Bama was the only one featured this week. Some of those made me chuckle. Time to laugh at Bama this week.

I agree with ya norm, Ole Miss is definitely a top 5 team for sure.

rollntider

http://gridironnow.com/illegal-man-downfield-penalty-to-be-discussed/

I think the Big 12 has an extra official if not mistaken for this purpose.  Maybe a big 12 fan could correct me.

rollntider

How about them wolverines? They looked pretty good.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on September 27, 2015, 03:15:59 PM
How about them wolverines? They looked pretty good.

I'll just leave this here. :)

This team is already playing like a Jim Harbaugh coached team - pound the ball down the throat of the opponent, protect the ball, and a strong defense. Talent isn't quite there yet, but the next year or two? Wow. 3-1 with a loss on the road to a Utah team that looks like more and more like a playoff bound team every week (see Oregon/Utah from this past weekend).

Speaking of which, the Pac 12 had a nice weekend...I also noticed that RichRod supporters seemed to be pretty quiet this weekend.  :woot: Glad to see he still hasn't figured out you need a defense to win too.

rollntider

Yeah that was an awesome play. Good to see Michigan coming back. They keep it up they will be top 10 next year.