News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Started by TheNorm, October 20, 2020, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Since it's been confirmed that this game is not just a PS5 exclusive but is also dropping on PS4 as well, I can hold off on snagging that next gen console until sometime next year at the earliest. :)

Already love seeing some of the details coming out about the game, and can't believe it's less than a month away.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

From what I hear, I dont think it'll be all that easy to get one, what with the specific invites only due to the shortage.
I read it would likely be next spring at the earliest before stock is somewhat plentiful

TheNorm

What, the console? Probably just like every other launch. With this game hitting PS4, I can wait quite a long time.

Now if this game were PS5 exclusive, then yeah the wait might've been more difficult. But luckily I can just snag this November 12 and hopefully (probably) get hooked on this one the way the first one drew me in.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea, I read there will be a very limited release of consoles and you have to request Sony to send you an invite and they make selections based on your activity etc.
Other than that, retailers will have very limited access until Spring at least.
Thats the last I read about it and that was over a month ago so maybe things changed.

TheNorm

I'll be more than happy to wait, I've got quite the backlog anyway lol.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on October 21, 2020, 08:24:43 PM
I'll be more than happy to wait, I've got quite the backlog anyway lol.

Seems to be a recurring theme for you ;-)

TheNorm

rollntider

there are ps3 games I have not finished yet, I still have 2 in the shrink

TheNorm

First impressions: yep, this game will get addicting quick. The mechanics, if you've played before, will come back quickly to you. But Miles also has his skillset that makes him unique. Graphics are amazing as always, and having it during winter in NYC is a nice touch. I do like how web-swinging for Miles looks different from Peter (as it should).

Photo mode also returns, and really looking forward to messing around with it like I did in Spider-Man.

Crewe

Agreed.
However, when walking, or on the ground moving slower, movements seem, slightly choppy to me.

Crewe

ok so early on once you claim the classic suit, theres a mod called vibe the verse and I dont know what it does, but it jacks with the frame rate, so might wanna uncheck that option. I believe its equipped by default.

Now it feels like Spiderman.

Crewe

So air combat is supposed to be the big thing for Morales. So very early on there's a training session where you hone this skill by anking enemies in the air and then performing a KO.

This wont jive with you unless you are familiar with the game.
So far there's no help articles or videos I can find about this yet.

So, leaping in to the air, you hold triangle to yank up an enemy. Well, Triangle also "zips": you sraight down to an enemy on the ground. So there I am, wasting valuable time in a timed exercise. Also, while airborne, more than once, I just spike right back down to the ground, despite pressing triangle so hard, I have an imprint, and am now in between two or three enemies who beat the shit out of me, wasting time, again.
Another issue is, I yank up a weapon, which is worthless.
I only get one kill every time and the gold is 11.
Im not playing this game anymore until I find a video or article or someone tells me what the hell I am missing because obviously Im a moron.
Oh, Ive also attempted this on blind 8 year old boy easy mode and still failed.

TheNorm

Clearly I haven't gotten as far in this game as you yet lol. I'll let you know when I get to that air combat mini-game you're talking about.

Also, a very small gripe that I might be the only one here that gives a damn about: Miles not rocking his Air Jordans but stuck with lowly Adidas kinda hurts my soul.

Crewe

I found a video online and I was attacking the wrong way, or at least couldn't perform in the correct manner.
Using the upwad thrust kick to get them in the air was much easier and never occurred to me because hologram Parker is yelling at me to yank enemies up while in the air, which, as noted above, didnt work.

It's pretty early on, Combat training 2.o I think.

I operate in an anal manner pretty much lol
First I sweep the map of all time capsules, underground tech and training missions and join in what criminal alerts pop up that I choose to along the way. Sometimes I'll perform some tasks in the SM app too. I let my points and tokens stack up then spend everything then go do the available side mission then the main story. At that point, I'm about 48% complete.
Now a plethora of activities open up related to the main story.
I'll continue to clear the smaller activities that net me points, tokens and offhand tasks that add towards 100% completion and then jump back to the story where I can mow through.
I like to get everything else done as much as I can so I can have everything possible available to me in the main story. That didn't happen last time and I was unknowingly at a disadvantage lol

Re: the game thus far;
Like norm, I thought the winter setting was a great idea and I love the casual costume options, i.e. the hoodies, parkas and the like, and yea, the Adidas.
At the very beginning I thought, this is exactly the same game. It is, but it isnt. The combat moves were not eliminated and removed or even revamped which allows a smooth player transition, but others were aded.
Miles has different powers than Pete, and a distinctly different character which is a welcome change.
If it had been the same ole Peter Parker, don't get me wrong, that was great fun, but change is good and it was implemented nicely in this version thus far.
I'll avoid story obviously, but so far, I'm satisfied with this purchase, especially at 49.99.

*Prayer <please no screwball in this one, please please please>
**Ill already being paying penance chasing those freaking pigeons

TheNorm

Oh, I did do that one...lol. Thought it was something completely different, my bad.

I typically do a lot of the side missions first but I've hit the main story pretty hard early. One big twist already for sure.

Definitely going to tackle some of the token and side mission stuff today though.