News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019 Season

Started by Crewe, February 28, 2019, 11:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I have really high hopes for the Astros this year. We have a boatload of solid prospects, including pitchers in AA but I don't think they will make the big jump so the rotation isn't quite as strong as Id like right now, but who knows what spring will bring.

And to start my season, I fired up Bull Durham the other day  8)

BojackHorsefella

All I want from this season is Vlad Jr to be called up. That's all. That's the only thing. I'm a Yankees fan and yet I want that more than a World Series and the dude's not even on my team.

Rigg44

My team will stink.  The Royals are only allowed to succeed when the owners are not paying attention.  Regrettably, they are paying attention and have returned to selling off all our valuable assets.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 28, 2019, 11:48:28 AM
All I want from this season is Vlad Jr to be called up. That's all. That's the only thing. I'm a Yankees fan and yet I want that more than a World Series and the dude's not even on my team.

I don't think he will be called up. I mean, if he continues to murder the competition, the noise will be louder, but unless its a September thing or injury related, I kinda doubt it.
I read an article where the FO will try to tinker with his service time by delaying his callus, but we will see.

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on February 28, 2019, 03:00:27 PM
My team will stink.  The Royals are only allowed to succeed when the owners are not paying attention.  Regrettably, they are paying attention and have returned to selling off all our valuable assets.

When KC ran through us with the 6 run 9th inning en route to the Series, even when losing a few, I didn't think the Royals would fall that fast.

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on February 28, 2019, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on February 28, 2019, 03:00:27 PM

When KC ran through us with the 6 run 9th inning en route to the Series, even when losing a few, I didn't think the Royals would fall that fast.

All the Royals fans knew they would even while we were hoping they wouldn't.  If you look at what happened during the Brett era it's the same.  We are the best developmental program for the rest of the league.  We develop players so that we can trade them for other players we can develop.  Occasionally we accidentally keep the players too long and have a good season.  Its very tough to remain a fan of this team. 

Crewe

yea that's the Drayton McClane blueprint when he owned the team here too. Well, not early on, but he wrecked us with that 2005 WS team. It took a fire sale and new ownership to turn it around.
Hopefully it turns around.

TheNorm

My team will suck, and probably finish even worse in the Central than Rigg's Royals. The days of the Ilitches going after the high priced FAs are long gone, and the farm system needs time to rebuild.

And yet they'll still make it back to postseason glory before the Lions will.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on March 01, 2019, 11:20:53 AM
My team will suck, and probably finish even worse in the Central than Rigg's Royals. The days of the Ilitches going after the high priced FAs are long gone, and the farm system needs time to rebuild.

I laughed

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on March 01, 2019, 11:20:53 AM

To be honest, I forgot we were in the Baseball forum and thought this was about the Lions right up to "Rigg's Royals."

Obviously just blowing past the fact that it's the NFC North now, not Central.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 29, 2019, 11:29:21 AM
https://deadspin.com/i-guess-were-doing-baby-shark-this-season-1833662586

This is already my favorite thing.

that's a nope from me lol
As if I needed another reason to hate the Rangers

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on March 29, 2019, 12:03:20 PM

Let loose, relax, have some fun, do do dodo dodo

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 29, 2019, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: Crewe on March 29, 2019, 12:03:20 PM

Let loose, relax, have some fun, do do dodo dodo

get off my thread  :D

TheNorm

Alright, branching this off the topic and seeing what responses I get...what would your three walk up tunes be?

1. "My Shot" - Hamilton Soundtrack
2. "Hypnotize" - Notorious B.I.G.
3. "Walk" - Foo Fighters

Bonus: if I were a closer, just because:

"thank u, next" - Ariana Grande 😝
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr