News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Spider-Man

Started by TheNorm, September 09, 2018, 12:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Damn...so far this game is impressive. Still getting a bit used to the controls and combat (similar to Arkham), and I'm getting a kick out of web-swinging through the city. Story is pretty good but I feel like I'm just scratching the surface on what this game will do.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I have a strict no buying policy when it comes to new games, because I usually wait the 2-3 years for them to be in some labor day sale or something.

However, only I have that policy. I'm hoping all the hints I'm dropping will lead to my fiance getting it for me for Xmas.

TheNorm

This might be the first game since South Park: Fractured But Whole (lol that title still cracks me up) where I'm looking for an opportunity to fire it up again. This game is a bunch of fun so far.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

I've had a hard time carving out time to actually play any console games lately, but this might be the one to actually get me to sit down for extended periods of time and just play. The web swinging and combat is a real blast so far.

TheNorm

This game lets you take some epic pictures too. I've never been to NYC, but damn I feel like Insomniac did the city/Spiderverse justice. Like thai mentioned, I also want to carve out moments of my day to play this game.

I haven't played much this year but this is easily GOTY material.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on September 13, 2018, 02:06:13 PM
This game lets you take some epic pictures too. I've never been to NYC, but damn I feel like Insomniac did the city/Spiderverse justice. Like thai mentioned, I also want to carve out moments of my day to play this game.

I haven't played much this year but this is easily GOTY material.

Kotaku had a great video article about the photo editor in this game. It's so cool!

I also love the different suits, in particular there's a cel-shaded Spiderman suit you can unlock that looks like it came straight out of the comic book. It even has the little dots that ink comic books have. They were taking pics with that suit on and it's crazy how well it fits in, even on the move, in the photo-realistic NYC. You'd think it might look awkward or like, not fluid or something, but nope. It's like a living comic being in the city.

But yeah, the filters, being able to use the Bugle, all the stuff in that photo editor is insane. The selfies are funny too, I saw where someone took a selfie in front of Ben Parker's grave.

Crewe

I saw somewhere the Ghostbusters warehouse was found lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on September 14, 2018, 03:16:35 PM
I saw somewhere the Ghostbusters warehouse was found lol

I'll have to see if I can find that because that would be so cool.

TheNorm

It was, read it in an article earlier...also took a pic in front of the Wakandan embassy. :)

Crewe

the thread I was reading said where it was kinda but I cant recall

TheNorm

Just finished Act II...this story was at a good pace but wow it took off.  :popcorn:

Crewe

So its a worthwhile single player campaign?

TheNorm

TheNorm

The score for this game is underrated - at times it really feels like an MCU title.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1043190624558538752

TheNorm

I can confirm that the cel-shaded comic book Spidey costume is awesome to use and doesn't look out of place at all.