News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

2016 Ended with Clemson being the Champs...

There is already polls out there that Bama and FSU will be a #1 and #2 battle. Will be interesting if Bama can get back to the playoffs.

Here is my too early Final 4, this may change as the season approaches.

#1 Michigan - I think Coach finally puts those stars to work.
#2 Oklahoma - OU usually in the top 4 after an above average season.
#3 Bama - We may drop the FSU game and bounce back the rest of the way.
#4 Washington - They become repeat offenders in the final 4.

Teams that might do worse than expected.

Auburn -  just like clock work their media is touting them a Playoff contender (was BCS) they got in a super QB and now will be unstoppable. They caught lightening in a bottle once with cam and got some good luck and bad calls to go their way in 2013. Both years were picked middle of the pack, each year they were picked to do well like 2016 they went 8-5

Tennessee - weak schedule and weak division keeps their hopes alive. Would love to see them go back to 5-7. They were lucky with some last minute heroics last 2 years, will their luck run out and App state get them?

LSU - They fired Miles, their winning-est coach ever, to hire Ogeron, the laughing stock of the SEC. Miles' problem was he was not Saban and they punished him for it. LSU fans forget before 2000 when Saban got their, they were a homecoming opponent. Coach O will wreck that program.

TheNorm

Love the ranking, but losing way too much on defense (I think 9 or 10 of the starters on defense alone  :o) to put Michigan that high. Don Brown's one hell of a DC, but he's got his work cut out for him this season.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Harbaugh is in reload mode now. Bama lost how many last year and this year? Hard to fathom, but if he does like I think, he will be like Saban and Meyer reloading each year.

rollntider

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/new-lawsuit-alleges-52-acts-of-rape-by-31-baylor-players-sex-used-to-sell-recruits/

Baylor... sick sick sick bastards. Auburn fans are wanting to Hire this guy when they fire Malzahn next year. Some still do.

rollntider

Recruiting comes to end wednesday.... Bama is expected to be anywhere top 5 to #1....

How do you think your team will finish?

thaima1shu

Honestly was kind of an underwhelming recruiting class for UW. Part of that may be due to the small class size, but it seems to lack real star potential. Felt like it could've been great but two of the best commits changed their minds and went to USC and Stanford, which really hurt. I believe in Chris Petersen's ability to develop players, so not the end of the world or anything. But initial reaction is 'meh'.

rollntider

you guys finished #22 which isn't terrible and you are right peterson gets more with less.

Michigan beat us on getting Solomon, dude is a beast.

Wished Crewe was here, Texas did not finish in the top 25 I think for the first time ever since rankings were held.

On a side note, since the NCAA was watching Ole Miss this year their recruiting class took a hit, from top 10 finishes to 30.... yeah nothing fishy there.

TheNorm

Expected Top 5, and got top 5. I'll take it.

This story about an MSU recruit that ended up not signing on Signing Day made me giggle, because it's typical Sparty.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2017/02/02/donovan-winter-arrest-michigan-state/97396052/
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on February 04, 2017, 12:47:50 PM
Expected Top 5, and got top 5. I'll take it.

This story about an MSU recruit that ended up not signing on Signing Day made me giggle, because it's typical Sparty.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2017/02/02/donovan-winter-arrest-michigan-state/97396052/

Nice look for Auburn to offer him then. Briles was the coach they wanted, this dude will fit in there.

rollntider

TheNorm

TheNorm

rollntider

rollntider

Sarkisian going to the falcons. Buh Bye.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/7/14533830/steve-sarkisian-atlanta-falcons-alabama-offensive-coordinator

One of the players tweeted when it was announced.....

Maybe he will run more than one RB there.