News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

hey norm, how's the combat controls coming?
Im reading tons of posts seething with hate and others than love it after devoting a ton of time to practice.
I think I read someone say there's even a lawless town with no law or bounty where you can go and just GTA it up until you get used to everything.
Or I guess you could keep creating new saves and/or starting over?

Im still up in the air about this or SM though...

BojackHorsefella

I watched a video the other day, and it does seem like the controls are a little rough out of the gate, but apparently they're very customizable and easy to set to your liking.

TheNorm

I haven't had much issue with the controls so far, if I miss I just kinda assumed I suck lol
Not sure of any town where you can do what you're talking about, at least I haven't seen it yet...I'm about 25% through the story too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on November 09, 2018, 02:48:55 PM
I haven't had much issue with the controls so far, if I miss I just kinda assumed I suck lol
Not sure of any town where you can do what you're talking about, at least I haven't seen it yet...I'm about 25% through the story too.

lol my mantra

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on November 09, 2018, 03:33:25 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on November 09, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

lol my mantra

Show me on this baseball bat where MLB hurt you.

BojackHorsefella

Bought this and a hard drive on Amazon. This worked fine, the hard drive I had to send back because it was DOA. Went to Target and got a 2TB one for just $10 more than the 1 TB I had ordered. Worked fine, moved all of my games to it including Red Dead once it finished installing, but that's all I've gotten to do so far, haha. Haven't played a second yet.

Crewe

ya know, the other day I had this in my cart ready to pull the trigger and just didn't.
I thought about how I have another highly acclaimed game sitting on my shelf Im not even half way through so I thought Id go give Drake another run before buying another game I won't play lol

BojackHorsefella

Possibly next week, or I might wait until the beta is officially open, but I will be getting PS Plus so I can play this with my bro online. If you do get it Crewe (and if you have PS Plus, Norm) we should definitely meet up online at some point.

TheNorm

Saw you picked this up...good stuff man. And for sure-schedule's gonna be a bit wonky since I'm back to working midnights and on Central Time now, but I'm down.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Eh, I'm on Pacific Time so it may match up here and there, haha.

Are you in Chicago only temporarily for work?

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on November 16, 2018, 06:05:26 PM
Eh, I'm on Pacific Time so it may match up here and there, haha.

Are you in Chicago only temporarily for work?

Yep...decided to try the travel nurse thing for a bit so the first assignment I took was in a city I'm familiar with. :)

BojackHorsefella

Finally got to the Epilogue on my first playthrough. Going to spend some time finishing that out, once I'm done (and we'll see if I care enough to hunt any of the legendaries I have left, like the Pronghorn you apparently can't get until the Epilogue), I think I'll play through again, except this time as Dishonorable.

I will say, I usually play as good my first playthrough on these types of games (Jedi on KOTOR, Paragon on Mass Effect) because 9 times out of 10, playing evil is the easier of the two. I'm glad I did it this way, because Arthur's story, when honorable, really was amazing, and his journey throughout and his growth as a character was really so well done by Rockstar, it sneaks up on you before going full-out, especially in the final chapter with everything happening.

I know that the cut scenes differ when you're dishonorable, curious to see how much so. In my mind, though, my honorable Arthur will be the one true cowboy, whereas my next Arthur will be, like, Elseworlds Arthur.

Crewe

anyone still playing this?
For some reason, Im just glad I passed and don't know why.

BojackHorsefella

This game consumed my world for MONTHS. I only stopped because I was plowing through my second playthrough, playing evil, but I was getting EVERYTHING. Was getting ready to take advantage of a glitch that lets you access a part of the map you usually can't until the Epilogue, I wanted to hunt some legendary animals early and grab some other stuff. But right as I was getting to the mission that activates the glitch, Rockstar patched it out. I quit after that. Felt burnt out and like my plan was ruined.

I'm 100% sure I'll pick it back up, eventually. There's just an incredible amount to do. Online sucks, unfortunately, but the single player is more than worth the price.

Crewe

Interesting.
A lot of gameplay I saw highlighted glitches etc.... and that turned me off of th game.
I guess its easy to do when you don't focus on the overall