News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Top 5 July 4th Movies

Started by BojackHorsefella, July 04, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Lets do this:

#1 - Independence Day. Come on, wasn't going to say anything else.

#2 - Jaws. On July 4th, the beaches will be open.

Honestly that's all I came in here with, so, lets see....

#3 - The Patriot? Right? That's not a bad choice.

#4 - The Sandlot. You know the scene, plus, it's baseball. What could be more American?

#5- Born on the 4th of July. I've uh....I've never actually seen it, I just didn't want to use Live Free or Die Hard in the fifth spot.

Crewe

Dang, you took some of the ones I would certainly hit, so lets see....these have to be movies I like? Thats gonna be tougher...

in the spirit of Sandlot lets go with
A League of Their Own for one.
Perhaps Top Gun for two
Air Force One, I guess
Lincoln would be a good choice.
And maybe Forest Gump. Cant squeeze any more Ameicana in a movie than this one.

TheNorm

Since we're going with faves, I legit have no problem naming ones that have already been picked.  8) In no particular order...

Independence Day - Just plain old fun, and I love it.

Top Gun - This movie blew me away when it hit the theatres, and I could still watch it now. Wanted to be a fighter pilot the next two summers, too. You better believe I'll see the sequel when it drops too.

Zero Dark Thirty - Loved the pace of this movie, and Jessica Chastain was stellar in this. The manhunt wasn't easy, but American resolve would not be stopped here. "For God and country - Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo...Geronimo, E.K.I.A."

A League of Their Own - Baseball, enough said.

The Sandlot - See above.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on July 04, 2018, 03:36:31 PM
Lets do this:

#1 - Independence Day. Come on, wasn't going to say anything else.

#2 - Jaws. On July 4th, the beaches will be open.

Honestly that's all I came in here with, so, lets see....

#3 - The Patriot? Right? That's not a bad choice.

#4 - The Sandlot. You know the scene, plus, it's baseball. What could be more American?

#5- Born on the 4th of July. I've uh....I've never actually seen it, I just didn't want to use Live Free or Die Hard in the fifth spot.

Loved the patriot, I wonder if it holds up? Havent seen it in years.

My top 5

#1 Captain America ... F' Yeah
#2 Patriot
#3 The Sandlot
#4 Team America World Police... 'Merica  F Yeah
#5 The Founder....  Whats more american that some dude taking over someone else's shit and claiming it as his own?  Not sure how accurate it was, but I liked the movie alot

BojackHorsefella

I LOVE The Founder, although a lot of that has to do with my neverending obsession with Michael Keaton (the real Batman, all due respect to Adam West).

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on July 05, 2018, 09:29:47 PM
I LOVE The Founder, although a lot of that has to do with my neverending obsession with Michael Keaton (the real Batman, all due respect to Adam West).

Yeah it was way better than I thought it would be. I also am a fan of Keaton.

BojackHorsefella

Here in Washington, there's a burger chain called Dicks Drive-In (oddly, it actually predates the San Bernardino McD's) that still looks like that old times McDonald's. I love it so much, but every time they hand me my food I always want to go "what's thus? Can't be, I just ordered."

Rigg44

#1 - The Patriot- good movie that is semi accurate.

#2 - Yankee Doodle Dandy- Old flick, more about memories of my dad but I still enjoy it.

#3 - Glory- civil war but still, close enough.

#4 -American Graffiti- my favorite George Lucas film   

#5- Captain America: the first Avenger- One of my favorite Marvel Movies

Honorable Mention- Inglorious Bastards- Wildly inaccurate but fun.