UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

TV show recommendation thread

Started by rollntider, April 14, 2017, 10:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

watched Black Mirror on a lark, had no idea what it was, devoured it lol

rollntider

the very first episode in season 1 is hard to watch, but after that it is good. Like a modern day Twilight Zone.

Crewe

Alright norm, I'm in the midst of an Office rewatch, again, because I have exhausted my entire queue.
However, I did remember and took your suggestion for Master of None and gave it a look.
Think I'll see how this plays out 😜

thaima1shu

Ah yeah that reminds me, I finished season 2 of Master of None. I may have actually liked it even better than the first season.

Sakura

Letterkenny
There is a small town of 5000 people in Midwestern Ontario called Letterkenny.  These are their problems.

The show is advertised very poorly, and it comes off as a cheap knockoff of Corner Gas and Trailer Park Boys.  But looking beyond that and actually giving it a decent chance, this is perhaps one of the funniest TV shows I've ever seen.  The dialogue is snappy, the wit is sharp, and the stories the episodes tell is pretty good.  I'm not very fond of the Katy character or the Skid characters, but I suppose the show pretty much relies on them to represent actual character archetypes.

9/10
The language is a bit colourful, but they're otherwise safe for work.  These are the pilots that the director used to sell the show to the networks.

rollntider

Luggnutz

Me and my wife just finished all 12 seasons of Super Natural on Netflix. Current season 13 supposed to start This October the 12th on primetime CW-21. If you like monsters, vampires, werewolves, angels , demons, and other supernatural beings, this show is for you. I like the Main characters of the show, lots of funny moments thrown into the seriousness of the show.
Anyone else watch this show ?

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on July 11, 2017, 11:02:19 AM
@Sakura   Netflix?
CraveTV, possibly Netflix, but I don't think so.  Not having CraveTV and not wanting to use it because they want you to let them use malware and ads, I instead went to my friendly neighborhood site for people with peg legs and eye patches.

amckenzie

How I Met Your Mother this series change my life.

rollntider

Watched last chance u season 2 on netflix, not as good as season 1 and by the end of the football season I think the HC should be fired. The HC reminds me of the little league coaches that coached my son , they did not know WTF they were doing.  I think they should do another season, but somewhere else.

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on July 10, 2017, 11:45:26 AM
Ah yeah that reminds me, I finished season 2 of Master of None. I may have actually liked it even better than the first season.

That's pretty much where I'm at too, absolutely loved it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: amckenzie on July 27, 2017, 01:46:22 AM
How I Met Your Mother this series change my life.

Great series, but I tend to absolutely ignore the last few episodes. Wouldn't say it ruined the entire show for me, but...disappointing.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Battle Star Galactica should retcon the last season.... it was great until then.

Crewe

The Fall

Just perusing NF to find something heavy that would enthrall me and this did not disappoint.
Gillian Anderson is magnificent as lead on a team established to capture a serial killer in Belfast.
A big difference here is, there is no whodunnit stage, the killer is known straight away, plus, this series was developed just for this, meaning its not a 10 season arc follwing multiple cases in an hour long CSI setting or even one story stretched out over5 or so, its 6 hour long episodes per, with only 3 seasons.
No spoilers, but this show is very in depth, dialog driven and covers many areas most shows of this genre fail to do, or fail to do well IMO.
Take a look and let me know what you think.

On the light side, Im still plowing through Master of None.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on June 01, 2017, 02:05:42 PM
watched Black Mirror on a lark, had no idea what it was, devoured it lol

Yeah, we watched Seasons 1-3 last year and just finished season 4 last night. As far as the new season goes, we loved every episode except maybe Alligator. Black Museum, the final episode of season 4, seems to be the majority LEAST favorite on the internet, but we both really enjoyed it.