UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 College Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, February 17, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 05, 2018, 03:26:03 PM
Definitely Texas v A&M. F*ck Texas, seriously

yeah, I know why Texas did it, to punish A&M for leaving, but they could still play. I always thought A&M should have scheduled another Texas team the last weekend like Clemson/S. Carolina UGA and Ga Tech. Same state different conference.

But Oklahoma and Nebraska why they dont still play baffles me. That was a national game being that would be an OOC game I think they should renew the rivalry.

I always thought Penn State and Notre Dame should play every year.  I dunno why.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on October 06, 2018, 02:24:07 AM

yeah, I know why Texas did it, to punish A&M for leaving, but they could still play. I always thought A&M should have scheduled another Texas team the last weekend like Clemson/S. Carolina UGA and Ga Tech. Same state different conference.

But Oklahoma and Nebraska why they dont still play baffles me. That was a national game being that would be an OOC game I think they should renew the rivalry.

I always thought Penn State and Notre Dame should play every year.  I dunno why.
maybe so, but no other Texas team would have rivaled the hatred they had with the horns

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 06, 2018, 02:45:45 AM
Quote from: rollntider on October 06, 2018, 02:24:07 AM

maybe so, but no other Texas team would have rivaled the hatred they had with the horns

true, but I would have loved to see it :)  Looks like Jimbo has A&M playing better. I was hoping it would take him another year or so lol.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/TomVH/status/1048729603093798912

::) Wow, what a fucking trooper. Surprised he can even remember toughing that headache out.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 08, 2018, 12:27:13 PM
https://twitter.com/TomVH/status/1048729603093798912

::) Wow, what a fucking trooper. Surprised he can even remember toughing that headache out.
whoever heard of a a fragile assed Football coach like this? I mean Joe Pa and Bear Bryant was coaching and died like a week after they retired.

TheNorm

Gameday's in Ann Arbor today...this sign just about ruined my morning. This kid needs to instantly be put on probation for spreading falsehoods like this.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1051105141196238848
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

TheNorm

Crewe

I always bet on LSU to choke and usually it works out, but what the hell Georgia? Are they really a fragile #1 or is LSU that good?

TheNorm

Didn't see a second of it, but sounding like Georgia just came out flat and Death Valley is a bad place to be flat.

I can't recall the last time Michigan absolutely throttled Wisconsin like they did last night, but the Wolverines made a good team look awful. Hell of a way to start off a three game gauntlet that DE Chase Winovich has taken to calling the 'Revenge Tour'.

Up next? Old man grumpy himself, Mike Dantoni and his little group of Spartans. Fuck 'em, I can't wait to see Michigan kick the shit out of them in their own backyard.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 13, 2018, 10:58:35 PM
I always bet on LSU to choke and usually it works out, but what the hell Georgia? Are they really a fragile #1 or is LSU that good?

LSU is the same LSU, UGA lost a lot from from their team last year and they faced no one on their schedule yet(before LSU). UGA will lose 1 or 2 more before the season is over. SEC east is weak, A&M would win the east this year. LSU has about 2 more losses ahead for them I feel. Bama and A&M.  I am curious if Miss State will give them a game. not sold on state either.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on October 15, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

LSU is the same LSU, UGA lost a lot from from their team last year and they faced no one on their schedule yet(before LSU). UGA will lose 1 or 2 more before the season is over. SEC east is weak, A&M would win the east this year. LSU has about 2 more losses ahead for them I feel. Bama and A&M.  I am curious if Miss State will give them a game. not sold on state either.

From this point forward I'll be cheating off of Tider for the college games.

Crewe

I just didnt know that much about Georgia but man, they looked pitiful for a number one team.

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on October 15, 2018, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: rollntider on October 15, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

From this point forward I'll be cheating off of Tider for the college games.

I did have that one point week lol. I would have Picked Auburn over UT last week lol.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 15, 2018, 06:14:31 PM
I just didnt know that much about Georgia but man, they looked pitiful for a number one team.

TO be honest I thought they would cruise in the east this year and thought they would eek a LSU win out. But I am suspecting Florida has a chance now.