News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

It Has Begun - The Official 2019 College/Pro Pick'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2019, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So glad I picked Memphis...was worried I'd picked Ole Miss when I didn't realize until a few minutes ago Ole Miss tabbed Rich Rod to run their offense. That could've been disastrous...crisis averted. Hashtag blessed.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

TheNorm

Scores to be updated later today...currently at work and I plan on sleeping when I get home so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Weekly standings up; will always be updated in this thread while overall standings will be kept up to date in the first post. Newcomer tastyfish was one pick away from a perfect 12.

Week 1 Standings (Contestants in italics hit spotlight game)

1. tastyfish - 10
2. Norm - 9
3. swany/Wadleydawg - 8
5. Bojack/rigg - 7
7. Crewe - 6
8. tider - 4

rollntider

Thanks auburn oregon you guys suck ...... of course I figured it would be a close game. But the dropped td and turnover in the redzone was the difference.

TheNorm

NFL starts up with this weekend.

Week Two (Earliest game 12pm ET 9/7/19)
NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
#23 Stanford @ Southern Cal
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Tampa Bay
Spotlight Game: Denver @ Oakland

BojackHorsefella

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets - this actually hurt
LA Rams @ Carolina

Using my patented "don't take even a second to think about it" method that served me well last year.

Rigg44

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

rollntider

**Edited 9/6/19

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina
I may change my LSU and nebraska picks.. still debating but wanted to get something in

Crewe

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

TheNorm

The bad thing about choosing contests that are basically tight is when I realize that I too have to attempt picking a winner. LOL

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

tastyfish

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

swany

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

Wadleydawg

NCAA

#21 Syracuse @ Maryland
#25 Nebraska @ Colorado
#6 LSU @ #9 Texas
Miami @ North Carolina

NFL

Tennessee @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ NY Jets
LA Rams @ Carolina

Rigg44

Nevermind I answered my own question lol.