News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

CFL 2017 Discussion

Started by cflnut, May 30, 2017, 07:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

Training camps started last Monday and the first Pre-Season games are next week. With the regular season kicking off on June 15.
The full schedule can be found here https://www.cfl.ca/schedule/

I'm not to sure what the US broadcast schedule will look like, but I do remember reading somewhere that ESPN3 carries most (if not all) of the regular and post season games.

I'll try to keep anyone who's interested here up to date but I haven't really been following the league as much as I used to.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

I will be interested. Will try to find a team to follow.

cflnut

THU JUN 22 @ 5:30 PM
Saskatchewan Roughriders @ Montreal Alouettes

Both teams, weather they admit it or not, are in rebuild mode. However Saskatchewan might be just a little ahead of Montreal in that regard. An interesting note on this game is that Montreal Starting QB Darian Durant spent the past 10 seasons in Saskatchewan, 8 as their starter. He was traded in the off season as the Roughriders thought he was getting to old. What doesn't make sense is that they replaced him with a QB that is 4 years older in Kevin Glenn.

FRI JUN 23 @ 5:30 PM
Calgary Stampeders @ Ottawa RedBlacks

Grey Cup Rematch. Ottawa, the heavy underdogs, won the Grey Cup last year 39-33 over Calgary. 

SAT JUN 24 @ 8:00 PM
Edmonton Eskimos @ B.C. Lions

The only game this week that doesn't have a sub plot to it.

SUN JUN 25 @ 2:00 PM
Hamilton Tiger-Cats @ Toronto Argonauts

The Battle of Ontario, part 1 of 3. These two teams fricking hate each other as much as any rivals do. With playing each other 3 times this year these games could get rather intense.

rollntider

Looks like espn3 is streaming the games in the US

cflnut

Here is the 2017 CFL schedule for ESPN. Look like they are only broadcasting games till the end of August. But it's better then nothing.

QuoteTORONTO — ESPN kicks off its 2017 Canadian Football League (CFL) regular season schedule with a pair of games on ESPNEWS. The first pits the Saskatchewan Roughriders against the Montreal Alouettes on Thursday, June 22, at 7:30 p.m. ET, and then the Calgary Stampeders face the CFL champion Ottawa REDBLACKS in a Grey Cup rematch on Friday, June 23, at 7:30 p.m.

Week 1 games continue on ESPN2 with two regional rivalries: the BC Lions host the Edmonton Eskimos on Saturday, June 24, at 10 p.m. and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats travel to BMO Field to face off against the Toronto Argonauts on Sunday, June 25, at 4 p.m.

Based on a multi-year agreement with the CFL, ESPN television networks and ESPN3 have the exclusive rights to present all regular season and postseason CFL games in the United States, including both the Eastern and Western Semi-Finals, as well as the 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw. Production and commentator teams for ESPN telecasts are from TSN, Canada's Sports Leader.

Source

ESPN CFL Schedule

rollntider

thanks, I will try to catch a game or two

cflnut

Week 1 Results
Saskatchewan 16 @ Montreal 17
Calgary 31 @ Ottawa 31
Edmonton 30 @ B.C. 27
Hamilton 15 @ Toronto 32

West Standings:
Edmonton (1-0)
Calgary (0-0-1)
Winnipeg (0-0)
Saskatchewan (0-1)
BC (0-1)

East Standings:
Toronto (1-0)
Montreal (1-0)
Ottawa (0-0-1)
Hamilton (0-1)   

Week 2 Match-ups
Thursday June 29 7:00 PM
Ottawa @ Calgary

This is the rematch, of the rematch, of the Gray Cup. Last week they ended in a tie, if it happens again this week I'll die of laughter.

Friday June 30 5:00 PM
B.C. @ Toronto

Toronto put on a whopping 545 yards of offence last week. 506 of that was passing. Look for them to try the same thing here. As much as I think Toronto may be able to pull off a victory I think it will be a lot closer then the spanking they gave Hamilton last week.

Friday June 30 8:00 PM
Montreal @ Edmonton

I honestly can't think of anything to say about this game other the GO ESKIMOS!!!!!!

Saturday July 1 7:00 PM
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rivalry Game. Saskatchewan is opening up their brand new $278 million dollar stadium, and what better way to do it then against your most hated rival.

Bye week for Hamilton, and after the spanking they got last week their gonna need it.

rollntider

Cool I will try to put the game on tomorrow, thanks for the heads up

cflnut

Week 2 Results
Ottawa 39 @ Calgary 43 Highlights
B.C. 28 @ Toronto 15 Highlights
Montreal 19 @ Edmonton 23
Winnipeg 43 @ Saskatchewan 40 (OT) Highlights

West Standings:
Edmonton (2-0)
Calgary (1-0-1)
Winnipeg (1-0)
BC (1-1)
Saskatchewan (0-2)

East Standings:
Toronto (1-1)
Montreal (1-1)
Ottawa (0-1-1)
Hamilton (0-1)   

cflnut

Week 3 Matchups

Thursday July 6 @ 5:30 PM
B.C. @ Montreal

B.C. is a young team (age wise) with a lot of up and coming talent, and a good mix of veteran players as well. They could be a dangerous team. If not this year, next year. Maybe.
Montreal also has some young players (age wise) with a lot of up and coming talent. However their veteran players are castoffs from other teams who decided they were to old to be of any use.

Friday July 7 @ 6:30 PM
Calgary @ Winnipeg

For the the better part of a decade Calgary has been the dominant force in the CFL. 2007 was the last time they had a losing record.
Wile Winnipeg (during that same time) have been bottom feeders. Except for 2011 & 2016 where they were able to have winning records. As far as this game is concerned I think its tough to say. Calgary doesn't look as good as they did last year, and Winnipeg looks to be about the same as they were last year.

Saturday July 8 @ 5:00 PM
Toronto @ Ottawa

My only though on this one is that I hope they both lose.

Saturday July 8 @ 8:00 PM
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan

This is what the bottom of the league looks like right now. One team will get their first win of the year, the other one will be smelling like something that should be flushed.

Bye Week: Edmonton
Cause when you start the season 2-0 you deserve it.

rollntider

thanks for the write up. I caught part of the Edmonton game last week thanks for the heads up :)

cflnut

No problem. I'm kinda hopping this will rekindle my interest in the CFL, as for the last few years I haven't really be paying attention to it.

cflnut

Week 3 Results
B.C 23 @ Montreal 16
Calgary 29 @Winnipeg 10 Highlights
Toronto 26 @ Ottawa 25 Highlights
Hamilton 20 @ Saskatchewan 37 Highlights

West Standings:
Calgary (2-0-1)
Edmonton (2-0)
BC (2-1)
Winnipeg (1-1)
Saskatchewan (1-2)

East Standings:
Toronto (2-1)
Montreal (1-2)
Ottawa (0-2-1)
Hamilton (0-2)

cflnut

Week 4 Matchup
Thursday July 13 @6:30 PM
Toronto @ Winnipeg

Since 2013, Winnipeg is 11-25 when playing at home, and 3-6 in regular season matchups against Toronto. So this should bode well for the visiting team. However Toronto is kinda in rebuild mode this year with a new GM and coaching staff, whereas Winnipeg has had some consistency for the past couple and has shown signs of improving.

Friday July 14 @ 5:00 PM
Calgary @ Montreal

This game is going to be either really close, or Calgary is going to lay a beat down on Montreal. I'm going with the latter.

Friday July 14 @ 8:00 PM
Ottawa @ Edmonton

Ottawa was the best team in the east last season, they're also the defending Grey Cup Champions, and have yet to win a game. In their three game so far they have only lost by a combined total of 5 points. So they have had the opportunity, they have just been unable to capitalize on it. Will this week be the week?

I for one sure as hell hope not.

Saturday July 15 @ 5:30 PM
B.C. @ Hamilton

If Hamilton loses the coin toss this game could be over real fast. if they win then B.C. will beat them in the second half.

Bye Week Saskatchewan
Soundly thumping the worst team in the league gets you a time out for being a bully.

rollntider

When will Ottawa get a real mascot/ name instead of that crappy red black stuff..... Was poopy doo doo head already taken?