News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Guess the Year

Started by BojackHorsefella, January 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

I would have guessed 91 with out any thought but Ill go with the group and say 92

BojackHorsefella

Can't fool you guys. 1992 it is.

I'll have to work on a tougher one for Monday....

Crewe

oh wow how about that lol I guess my Boomer thought was wrong. Didn't realize he was in Cincy that long. The more I thought about the Montana Young thing, I wasn't too sure

BojackHorsefella

Been crazy at work with the snow and the workload and everything so apologize for the delay. I toughened this one up for you.

This is each team's interceptions leader for a particular year. The team locations and divisions are as they were for that year. Your job is to guess the year based on this information.

Here goes:

Barry Wilburn – Washington
Terry Kinard – New York (N)
Everson Walls – Dallas
Elbert Foules – Philadelphia
Travis Curtis – St Louis

Joey Browner – Minnesota
James Griffin – Detroit
Dave Brown – Green Bay
Dave Duerson – Chicago
Paul Tripoli – Tampa Bay

Ronnie Lott/Don Griffin – San Francisco
Reggie Sutton/ Dave Waymer – New Orleans
Bobby Butler – Atlanta
Nolan Cromwell – LAR (N)

Mike Prior – Indianapolis
Mark Kelso – Buffalo
Fred Marion – New England
Rich Miano – New York (A)
Glenn Blackwood - Miami

Keith Bostic – Houston
Dwayne Woodruff – Pittsburgh
Frank Minnifield/Felix Wright – Cleveland
David Fulcher - Cincinatti

Billy Ray Smith – San Diego
Kenny Easley – Seattle
Mike Harden – Denver
Van McElroy – LAR (A)
Kevin Ross/Deron Cherry – Kansas City

rollntider

I watched the NFL in the 80's but I did not know the players like the 90's  I am going to guess like 85 or 86 because of Ronnie Lott and Cherry. I followed the Cowboys, Chiefs and had a friend that was a 49ers fan those I am familiar with.  I know lott and walls and cherry all played from 1980~ to 1990~ with those teams. So by logic about 5 or 6 years in they would be in their prime and lead their team.  That is my flawed logic.  I will refrain from googling to see how good my guess was. I bet I am totally way off LOL ...

will say 1987 final answer.

Rigg44

It is definitely the 80's I am going with 84

Crewe

man, Everyone Walls led with interceptions for a few years in the early 80's. I recognize a lot of names here, Bostic for Houston as well....man, this is tough, but I'll say 83...maybe 84?
83, final answer lol

TheNorm

Duerson played for the Bears in what, 84-87 or something like that? I don't even recognize that dude from the Lions lol, memorable as always.

I know Duerson didn't lead the team in picks in 85 (thank you 30 for 30, just rewatched that a week ago), so I'll go with...1987. Probably way off but that's what I got. Not too many names I recognize there.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Some of the names I recall, but wouldn't have without this list.
Duerson I remember from the 46 lol

BojackHorsefella

The glorious year of my birth, 1987!

Well done Tider and Norm. Had to bring a challenging one after those first two.

Crewe

Wow really? I would have thought 85 tops.
Snowed me, good job

rollntider

I cant believe I got that. I almost said 86, really was estimating

Rigg44

Welp, I was way off on that one.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on February 11, 2019, 03:59:22 PM
I cant believe I got that. I almost said 86, really was estimating

Yours was hilarious because you were like "It's either 85 or 86" and I was like "haha, got him" and then you go "I'm gonna go with 87."

I was like "Dammit, not again."

Crewe

I actually felt better about this choice than I did on the ones I guessed correctly and I was way off too lol