News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 College Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, February 17, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on August 28, 2017, 11:14:42 PM
Florida coach apparently isn't a fan of Jim Harbaugh.

https://twitter.com/NickdelaTorreGC/status/902199548340260865

Lol. I'm sure the coach that's won just about anywhere he's gone is having trouble staying relevant. Sorry McElwain, but you're the only one that can stay relevant by humping a shark.

https://twitter.com/OfficialCSO/status/885133281045487616

So...what are the odds Jim McElwain would wander upon these boards...slim to none, right? No reason, just asking for a friend.

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/965020300566986754
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

He is a pretty good assitant, won 2 Natty's at Bama as an OC. Decent recruiter.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on February 18, 2018, 01:58:28 AM
He is a pretty good assitant, won 2 Natty's at Bama as an OC. Decent recruiter.

I'm not doubting that at all, and I'll take him over Tim Drevno running the offense any day of the week...it's just things have been said here and other places (mainly Twitter) by me by a friend, that's all.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

thaima1shu

There were some rumors that Michigan might be canceling the home-and-home with Washington, which I was absolutely dreading. Looks like they instead canceled their series with Virginia Tech, so for the moment Michigan is still scheduled to come here in 2020 and then we head there in 2021.

Norm, is it too early to book my flight to Michigan for 2021? Haha.

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on March 29, 2018, 05:50:07 PM
There were some rumors that Michigan might be canceling the home-and-home with Washington, which I was absolutely dreading. Looks like they instead canceled their series with Virginia Tech, so for the moment Michigan is still scheduled to come here in 2020 and then we head there in 2021.

Norm, is it too early to book my flight to Michigan for 2021? Haha.

Not gonna lie, the first I'd heard about this was when Michigan canceled their VT series, and I'm glad they didn't cancel the Washington series. Others wanted it vice versa and while I get their reasoning (East Coast v. West Coast success, no need to play more than one P5 v. P5 non-conference matchup with the way the committee picks teams) I would rather Michigan and Washington play. Those two teams seemed to play a bit back in the day and I miss that.

Just come out for a game anyway lol.

rollntider

Thai, just realized that it is Washington, not Wassu playing the barn this year. Surprised Auburn scheduled that one but I bet it was before UW got good though. I am going to be the biggest Husky fan that day. Since it is at a neutral field you should not see the riff raff that is auburn football. Those fans will actually be ok. Unfortunately those aren't the majority.

if you were going to their place I would say marvel at toilet paper in trees, and be prepared to be told you could not understand what its like to pull for a college football team, because only barners understand that shit, the rest of us don't have a clue.  Also Auburn will win because "WDE" and that is all you need to know.  Its funny to hear them talk shit about Clemson about how they made them and now they get their asses kicked by clemson.

I hope you guys beat them by 50.

thaima1shu

Haha, yeah it should be interesting. It was actually only got scheduled in 2016 so it was pretty recent. Debating if I should actually make the trip out there or not. Last time I went to Atlanta to watch UW play a team from Alabama didn't go so well ;)

TheNorm

Absolutely zero excuses for them now...if the last game of the season isn't for the division championship and a spot in the Big Ten Championship, this season should be considered a failure. Anything less would be an unmitigated disaster.
It's year 4 for Harbaugh...time to put up or shut up.

TheNorm

No don't go come back*

https://twitter.com/AdamCarriker94/status/998626982802927617

*seriously never show your face again this ad campaign was loser city and made me swear off Dr. Pepper for years

rollntider

TheNorm

Love living rent free in their little heads, it's adorable. :)

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on June 13, 2018, 11:30:26 PM
Love living rent free in their little heads, it's adorable. :)

Watching that game against MSU was so surreal. (2010) It was like we expected a fight and by the 4th qtr Saban was pissed his 4th stringers were scoring.  He was mad at MSU for not tackling on a dive up the middle play. Poor Jawlston Fowler was not sure what to do,  He knew it was supposed to be a 1 yard run but no one tackled him. I had seen more fight out of Georgia Southern than MSU that day. Thier forums were Hilarious, and the melt down was epic.