News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 College Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, February 17, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 08, 2019, 03:41:50 AM
So yeah...can't say I saw that game playing out the way it did (to be fair, I didn't see it at all, I'm at work). Sorry tider.

Really didn't think Clemson had much of a shot with those players suspended, but turns out it didn't make a difference. That was a beatdown.

Yeah one team wanted it more, hats off to them. We moved the ball up and down the field and for some reason our OC decided to hand the ball to Damien Harris in the red zone. Josh jacobs was running like a man possessed and Damien had an off night. So we went with Harris. Plus Clemson was playing a great defensive scheme. You couple all of that together plus every good bounce went their way.  I still remember back to the early 2000's and would take a night like last night over what we had previously. Its good to be in contention.
Some good points
14-1 season
Beat Tennessee, LSU, OU and Auburn
Sec champs
Playoffs win
national title appearance (I do think that qualifies as appearing even if we didnt look like we participated. :) )

Rigg44

Quote from: rollntider on January 08, 2019, 11:46:42 AM
So yeah...can't say I saw that game playing out the way it did (to be fair, I didn't see it at all, I'm at work). Sorry tider.

Really didn't think Clemson had much of a shot with those players suspended, but turns out it didn't make a difference. That was a beatdown.

Yeah one team wanted it more, hats off to them. We moved the ball up and down the field and for some reason our OC decided to hand the ball to Damien Harris in the red zone. Josh jacobs was running like a man possessed and Damien had an off night. So we went with Harris. Plus Clemson was playing a great defensive scheme. You couple all of that together plus every good bounce went their way.  I still remember back to the early 2000's and would take a night like last night over what we had previously. Its good to be in contention.
Some good points
14-1 season
Sec champs
Playoffs win
national title appearance (I do think that qualifies as appearing even if we didnt look like we participated. :) )

With how bad my Huskers are at the moment I would take any level of success.  Enjoy it you got a good program with no end in sight.

rollntider

Quote from: Rigg44 on January 08, 2019, 01:59:35 PM
Quote from: rollntider on January 08, 2019, 11:46:42 AM

Some good points
14-1 season
Sec champs
Playoffs win

With how bad my Huskers are at the moment I would take any level of success.  Enjoy it you got a good program with no end in sight.
Thanks and Hang in there, I remember writers and rival fans talking about how Bama will never be relevant again.  Then Saban happened. Most of the Bama fans are not happy with the loss, but realize we are in a dynasty and appreciate it all.  Clemson is a good team also, I am not upset and hope we can get back next year.