UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2023 pro football thread

Started by rollntider, February 17, 2023, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Usfl draft about to be held for player rights

Xfl kicks off this week

Which league is anyone excited for? I am a usfl fan since I was a fan as a kid, and they won the title barely Last year. So yea.

I am not anti xfl I don't think it will last long to be honest . But will watch it

BojackHorsefella

I've watched a little of like, 3 games or so, a full half of the Seattle Sea Dragons week one game. I'm into it, it's not appointment viewing but the games do seem pretty fun, and I like the kickoff and PAT systems.

Wild to see Bruce Gradkowski working as St Louis' OC. There are some real names among these coaching staffs.

Rigg44

I like the fact that both leagues are around not sure the market can support both.  I like the USFL a little better but think the "new" XFL seems to have a better chance long term.  Mainly because of who is involved and the press that gets it. 

rollntider

i think ESPN is behind the XFL and Fox is behind USFL, I hope both do well

rollntider

Defenders and roughnecks are 3-0 so far. The games are OK. It took the USFL like 4 weeks to start ramping up last year.

April 15 is when the USFL kicks off

It will end in June then August will have fall camps start in August.

CFL will run from may to Nov.... a full year of football? This is great.

rollntider

Arlinginton Renegades is your 2023 XFL Champions.

Went in 4-6 came out champs

rollntider

USFL is off to a wierd start. The showboats are looking strong started 0-3 and reeled off 3 straight.
Bham is 4-2 looking avg
NO the team that has looked the best this season is 4-1 looking to go 5-1 vs. the stars this weekend.

The north division looks pathetic this year. (record wise) they have lost close games.

rollntider

Stars take the Division Lead by beating New Orleans

rollntider

USFL standings are in a weird place.

Stars are leading the north at 3-3
3 way tie at 2-4 for the rest of the north

The south is in a 3 way tie at 4-2     with New Orleans with a tie breaker
Memphis is 3-3 but has beaten NO

Funny standings                       

BojackHorsefella

Heck of a game last night. I imagine Lions fans are donating money to whatever charity Kadarius Toney supports as a thank you.

TheNorm

Most excited I've been for a Lions season in decades.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

From a tweet (I still call it twitter because fuck Elon Musk) I'd seen this morning: Aaron Rodgers' last completed pass is still to Lions Safety Kerby Joseph.  :D

Curious if the dumbass will trust the medical science on this one, insist on doing his own research, or going to his dim bulb buddies RFK Jr. and Joe Rogaine on his injury.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

It's the most Jets thing that's ever happened. Couldn't have gone any other way. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 12, 2023, 11:08:20 AM
From a tweet (I still call it twitter because fuck Elon Musk) I'd seen this morning: Aaron Rodgers' last completed pass is still to Lions Safety Kerby Joseph.  :D

Curious if the dumbass will trust the medical science on this one, insist on doing his own research, or going to his dim bulb buddies RFK Jr. and Joe Rogaine on his injury.

they always trust the science when it's serious and could affect them personally.